661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like 50:1, I thought for sure my 346 was gonna pop today, in fact I'll bet you dollars to dognuts the P&C is scored.
What's up with all this misinformation?

If your 346 scored from 50:1 you didn't have it tuned right. Simple as that. That said, I like 32:1-40:1. I'm just easing my way in to 50:1 cause that's what my saws will be running no matter what I think :(

I cant wait until manufacturers & oil companies come up with some super dooper oil that can be run @ say 75:1 or more, I'll be waiting with glee for that time to come. There are no good old days when running a saw at 25:1, like when I bought my first 076, which I still have & run it occasionally with TTS at 50:1, I can tell you now I never looked forward having to do any cuts on a still day or in a gully with the exhaust close to the ground & facing it.
Thansk

I've got a gallon of Maxima K2 to try out........ (I'm not being sarcastic here, Lol ).....What ratios have people tried and had success with.... ie, stilll burns clean, good power, makes your hair shinier and your breath fresh, etc..... ( Both saws just muffler modded.)

I've got a gallon of Maxima K2 to try out........ (I'm not being sarcastic here, Lol ).....What ratios have people tried and had success with.... ie, stilll burns clean, good power, makes your hair shinier and your breath fresh, etc..... ( Both saws just muffler modded.)
32:1 and 40:1 is all I've tried. No problems at those ratios. Never tried it at 25:1 like I did 800 and R50.

Latest posts

Back