661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not bother with the temp testing.
I have been dealing with Fluke and Raytek devices at work alot lately and have found them in general to not be very accurate.
Further does a higher cylinder cooling fin temp really mean the piston is hotter or does it indicate better heat transfer? I would also think the order the tests are ran incould effect both chain speed and temp.
Maybe we should put everyone's heads together and try and identify all the variables and then try to eliminate them or lessen their effect?
I think in redbulls bar testing the oregon one being aluminum was hot after testing more in the aluminum center vs the outer edge where the friction was ,the heat sink makes sense to me

I ran 110 Sunoco/87 efree 50/50 with k2 with no offensive smell at all today. Not sure what my buddy John was running but the 661c after the MM I did on it and recalibration with some runtime was very impressive. Seems to be getting stronger
Pic of the muffler opening just for you

Or is that the nature of this mix? It is clear on the transfer areas....bit heavy in the center. Wonder how the muffler box looks?

Stand by .............. I'll show you

there is some residuals in there from cleaning a little with compressed air. I have oil injection for air tools, thats the spots you are seeing

Attachments

• Final muffler opening.JPG
    Final muffler opening.JPG
    917.8 KB · Views: 77
  • In muffler after 25-1.JPG
    In muffler after 25-1.JPG
    733.4 KB · Views: 79
Bailey's Woodlandpro Syn is the best bang for the buck especially since they have $2 shipping from time to time when purchased from Amazon. I'd like to see this tested too and I would be willing to send you a bottle of oil.

Redbulls Jaso certification: fb,fc,fd. Send your oil and a $50,000 dollar check for certification. Any donation over 50,000 will better the odds of your oil meeting fd certification!!!:surprised3::dancing:

Or is that the nature of this mix? It is clear on the transfer areas....bit heavy in the center. Wonder how the muffler box looks?
Some people think that a piston can be bare metal with a high quality oil, but it's simply not true in practice. Even four cycle motors have carbon on the crown. The washed area of bare metal indicates jetting. Some times it takes awhile to appear, but it's a pretty good indicator of of an engines state of tune in a very broad sense.

Some people think that a piston can be bare metal with a high quality oil, but it's simply not true in practice. Even four cycle motors have carbon on the crown. The washed area of bare metal indicates jetting. Some times it takes awhile to appear, but it's a pretty good indicator of of an engines state of tune in a very broad sense.

.....or bad chamber design, poor transfer aiming, etc.

Latest posts

Back