661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trans ports not flowing evenly. bad casting. the other is offset chamber. lastly, what a proper working squish band pattern should look like.

oh well.
Here is a off set chamber piston from a properly tuned motor. Transfer flow is a bit mismatched and the pointing could be better as well, but what one expects from a stock motor.20151002_192812.jpg

trans ports not flowing evenly. bad casting. the other is offset chamber. lastly, what a proper working squish band pattern should look like.

oh well.
One other thing. I haven't seen a stock chainsaw with a functional squish band. The only modified ones I have seen that were fuclntional had removable heads.
The machining done to the squish band by saw porters is done to raise compression, not make a functional squish band in the traditional sense.

One other thing. I haven't seen a stock chainsaw with a functional squish band. The only modified ones I have seen that were fuclntional had removable heads.
The machining done to the squish band by saw porters is done to raise compression, not make a functional squish band in the traditional sense.

did not say if it was stock. just what i had mentioned. photo used by permission.

ok boyz - pick 4 of them. I think I have enough wood and chain to do 4 right now. Saw won't be ported but I'd like to get something done before it gets too cold.

- spikes will be off the saw. so no doggin
- Will do at least 4 timed cuts followed immediately by 5 or 6 cuts in smaller wood as fast as I can do them to heat up the saw. Then take jug temp
- bar will be 28" - 404 RS 7pin.

- I secured myself a couple of piss test cups! lol I've checked the measurement lines on the side...they are dead on! SOO the ratios will be 100% correct, no eyeballing it.

- So I will buy a bunch of empty milk jugs and buy the gas all from the same station same day etc etc.

-I will run 3-4 ratios of each oil.

- We'll pick the best ratio from each and then put them head to head to pick a winner.

3499nnn.jpg
Thinner (lower cSt) viscosities will probably be faster but less protection. That's my 2 cents worth for the day. To prove this use one of the lower viscosities like Yamalube vs one of the higher viscosities like R50. No doubt R50 will protect better though. Just ask anyone that mills.

Thinner (lower cSt) viscosities will probably be faster but less protection. That's my 2 cents worth for the day. To prove this use one of the lower viscosities like Yamalube vs one of the greater viscosities like R50. No doubt R50 will protect better though. Just ask anyone that mills.
In regards to the viscosity comment while intuitively it sounds plausible I am not sure it's true. For instance castor can be of very light viscosity, you there isn't a synthetic or mineral lubricant that can take the abuse it can.

Latest posts

Back