661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice... feel better??
I know I do.

I fail to see how it's ridiculous to ask why I should care for owl crap what the Japanese or Europeans say or do... after all, you're the one giving them Superman status. You're the one labeling everything as "sludge" if ain't Japanese FD certified. I'm thinkin' the ridiculous ain't on my part... not by a long shot (from a Glock or otherwise). I mean... c'mon... the very idea it has to be certified by an overseas organization... really??

Friggin' magic I say... friggin' magic‼
I could argue your overseas comment by pointing out the API dropped it's two cycle certification program years ago..
The only owl poop is between your ears.

Nice... feel better??
I know I do.

I fail to see how it's ridiculous to ask why I should care for owl crap what the Japanese or Europeans say or do... after all, you're the one giving them Superman status. You're the one labeling everything as "sludge" if ain't Japanese FD certified. I'm thinkin' the ridiculous ain't on my part... not by a long shot (from a Glock or otherwise). I mean... c'mon... the very idea it has to be certified by an overseas organization... really??

Friggin' magic I say... friggin' magic‼

Walker is right JASO albeit japanese is a very high standard that is world recognized.

Has anyone figured out the best ratio to use yet? My saws are getting impatient waiting for the verdict.
32:1 and forget it.

Like said many moons ago, I'm okay with some slight miniscule performance loss, if it means the saw will live a healthier life. Plus 4 ounces to a gallon is pretty easy to remember

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

I could argue your overseas comment by pointing out the API dropped it's two cycle certification program years ago...
So what??
That still ain't answering my questions.

Walker is right JASO albeit japanese is a very high standard that is world recognized.
World recognized??
Obviously the Europeans don't recognize it... they instituted their own (and you may want to research why).

So what??
That still ain't answering my questions.

World recognized??
Obviously the Europeans don't recognize it... they instituted their own (and you may want to research why).
The European standards virtually mirror JASO and in fact use the same test equipement and procedures. The only differance between ISO EGD and JASO FD is that ISO requires a slightly longer test and slightly better cleanliness. Most FD oils will also pass EGD.

Has anyone figured out the best ratio to use yet? My saws are getting impatient waiting for the verdict.
Well yes, the answer is....................... I dunno, I'm just making sheet up just like everybody else. But I would say that it depends on what oil you are using and the application of the chainsaw. I don't think you can go wrong with a 40:1 mix.... heck , even that Bel-ray crap will burn kinda clean at that ratio as long as it is not tuned filthy rich. And most of the other oils will burn very clean from what people are reporting.

The European standards virtually mirror JASO...
Once again... so what??
The "standards" may be near identical, but the testing used to determine if the "standard" is met, is not the same.
You put way too much stock in symbolism rather than substance.

The comment was that the JASO standard was "very high" and "world recognized".
I merely pointed out that "world recognized" is incorrect... Europe is a fairly significant chunk of the "world" wouldn't you say??
Then I hinted that researching the reason Europe instituted their own standards and testing may be enlightening.

I'd guess you like magic shows... I'd even guess you pay hard earned cash for the privilege of being deceived by the magician... am I correct??

Once again... so what??
The "standards" may be near identical, but the testing used to determine if the "standard" is met, is not the same.
You put way too much stock in symbolism rather than substance.

The comment was that the JASO standard was "very high" and "world recognized".
I merely pointed out that "world recognized" is incorrect... Europe is a fairly significant chunk of the "world" wouldn't you say??
Then I hinted that researching the reason Europe instituted their own standards and testing may be enlightening.

I'd guess you like magic shows... I'd even guess you pay hard earned cash for the privilege of being deceived by the magician... am I correct??
Your sorting fly shat from pepper..

Yes.. even a four cycle motor running right has carbon coating the piston.
I dont think folks see it that way here. They r thinkin some oil will make the saw walk on water and stay 100% clean. I see it more as a lack of understanding the combustion processs and a byproduct

Bushy ape is that you again?... You are relentless to say the least.:laugh:

Yes, looks like BA is laying a fat turd again after being shut down as other aliases. Like he knows anything about anything, particularly running a ported 661 with 32:1 oil. :lol:

Of course, maybe it is MikeFromSpain, or StillTheQueer. There are so many trolls here now, it is hard to keep up with all the multiple personas.

I dont think folks see it that way here. They r thinkin some oil will make the saw walk on water and stay 100% clean. I see it more as a lack of understanding the combustion processs and a byproduct
No so sure about that.

The combustion process and its byproducts are basically a given.
Each individual tunes to produce desired results
Some desire every little last drop of power
Some desire longevity

I dont mind a little carbon on the piston tops, but I preferr clean.
I believe clean is better, and nobody will convince me otherwise
When tuned to run clean, my saws run cool and have never given me any problems.
When they were producing carbon, I had to swap plugs a few times, some due to carbon nuggets getting wedged between the sparkplug ground and electrode
If them nuggets can get in the plug gap, they can also get into the rings and the ring lands ................
I preferr no carbon, thank you.
No damage is being done, and whatever is washing the piston tops and cylinders is leaving a nice oily residue ................ cant say that when I was making carbon.
If I want every last ounce of performance, I will tune for it .............. but my saws aint cutting cookies, they are working and making me cabbage

Do octanes such as 87 efree and 110 race fuel produce different levels of carbon?

I am 100% absolutely sure that they do !
A quality canned fuel (like VP SEF) runs soooo much cleaner than any pump gas I have ever tried.
The saws also run better on the VP than any pump fuel I have ever tried.

Will the saws blow up on pump gas, not likely if tuned properly.

Latest posts

Back