661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mentioned engineering controls in reducing risk, as this is an oil thread where some are running 20:1 which isn't engineering a control risk but going in the exact opposite direction to what is required to reduce the risk.
Thansk
The vast majority of emmissions coming from OPE are unburnt fuel. If it's a concern buy a saw that is strato charged. They run clean regardless of oil ratio.

You mentioned engineering controls in reducing risk, as this is an oil thread where some are running 20:1 which isn't engineering a control risk but going in the exact opposite direction to what is required to reduce the risk.
Thansk
I agree, if the saw is not burning the mixture clean and partially burnt fuel and oil is in the exhaust, it stands to reason it would be worse to breath.:crazy:

I agree, if the saw is not burning the mixture clean and partially burnt fuel and oil is in the exhaust, it stands to reason it would be worse to breath.:crazy:
Non strato two strokes never burn all the fuel admitted to the engine, even if running right. The puke out a ton of unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

The vast majority of emmissions coming from OPE are unburnt fuel. If it's a concern buy a saw that is strato charged. They run clean regardless of oil ratio.
Strato saws run cleaner but are still inefficient at burning all the fuel & oil, running them at 50:1 minimises the risk to an acceptable level, 20:1 is not an acceptable level for a safe work environment.

I have just finished my first 2.5 gallons of gas with Maxima K2 and I hadn't realized how bad Stihl Ultra stunk until I ran this. The K2 is nearly odorless, but when I do smell a mild bit of it I like the smell. Running 40:1 not counting the MMO that is already in all the gas I buy, so I really have a little more oil than 40:1. Everything is running great on it. I am also doing my patriotic duty and driving an hour round trip to buy ethanol free fuel...

My first bottle of K2 was about $14 for a 16 ounce bottle. Now that I know I like it and will continue to run it, I will step up and buy the 64 ounce bottle, about $33 currently on Amazon. Pretty good price drop if you are willing to buy 64 ounces of oil at once.

Which brand of extension cord is best for my electric chainsaw?
Purple. Wtf? You can't run an electric chainsaw! Do you realize that electricity comes from coal fired plants..... you are gonna pollute the atmosphere and kill us all!! :crazy2:

Purple. Wtf? You can't run an electric chainsaw! Do you realize that electricity comes from coal fired plants..... you are gonna pollute the atmosphere and kill us all!! :crazy2:

That is why all the cool places use clean burning nuclear fuel at............

Wait for it...............

32:1, Lucas, the dry lube.

Latest posts

Back