8 pin sprocket for 361 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabberx

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I might try a change from the stock to 8 pin sprocket. I run a 18" bar on the 361. Will my drive links still be the same as on the 7 tooth? And will I see a difference in the speed of the cut in hard wood.

Thanks
Rick

you shouldn't have a problem with chain length. as far as chain speed, if you stay with an 18" b/c you shouldnt have a problem. i found that with an 8 pin (24" b/c) on my 361, you have to watch how much you lay into it cause it will bog easier. on smaller stuff its fun though!

No problem with the dl count.

I use an 8-pin most of the time with a 15" bar for limbing and bucking in the woods, but stay with 7-pin with 18" bar.

No problem with the dl count.

I use an 8-pin most of the time with a 15" bar for limbing and bucking in the woods, but stay with 7-pin with 18" bar.

Just bought an 8 pin for my ahem Woods ported 262XP ST you think that should be ok with the 15" bar lol

Where do you get a 9 pin? I've only heard them mentioned a few times. Eventually I'd like to drop from an 18" to a 16" bar on my 036 just to drop the weight a little, and I would think that the saw should be able to rip pretty good with a 9 pin on such a short chain. I'm currently running the stock 7 pin with an 18" bar, and I plan on puting an 8 pin on it to try. Right now I'm just waiting on the snow to melt.

Latest posts

Back