A "Hack" just did my Cottonwood removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and you'll always be stuck there, bidding on price because there's nothing you provide that any other hack in town can't.
Or, you could learn proper techniques, get certified, educate your customerd and set yourself apart. Handled properly, oruning and maintenance can be much more lucrative than removals.

Let's keep in mind all I do is show up put the tree or brush on the ground and leave, I subcontract I'm not a company. I make $100,000 in 8 months cash money, I'm not sure how I can make more.

Too much trouble, employees taxes my way works fine for my purposes. I've no kids, a theatre that has commercial grade electronics next year I want to trade in my Z4 and get a real European sports car.

Plus I enjoy climbing the cognitive thinking it takes to remove a tree in tight spaces. And the workout I receive doing it.

That's true but conditioned right you can get a lot of years, I'm 42 six ft. 160 lbs. I don't drink much, basically in perfect health, I've more energy during the season as long as the money is there. And no my energy isn't chemically enhanced, I've never even tried it.

I mean look at some of these athletes that go forever Favre, Jordan, some individuals aren't as susceptible to the ravages of time as others.

Personally I just can't conceive of retirement, 3 months off w/o a steady flow of cash is just boring I've managed my funds to make it through winter. But that means all future acquisitions are put on hold till after winter, the idea of never again having large cash flow, is just not for me. I've big dreams and laundry list of things to acquire.

Sounds like scotland, beautiful when it was nice but when the weather turned you were stuffed

Your in your forties and still work for cash:dizzy: Glad to hear your in good health but it won't last forever, if you think 3 months without doing anything is bad try 30 years on a tiny fixed income because you didn't put into social security while having a list of tree related aches and pains. On that note if I was under the table I would not talk about it online. Sorry, I'm a dad and used to giving lectures on responsibility. You sound like a capable climber and make enough to invest in some equipment, it's not difficult to get into and there will be a point where you can't climb. Why not stay in the industry until the day you die by building a company with your skills instead of watching other benefit from you ability?

Your in your forties and still work for cash:dizzy: Glad to hear your in good health but it won't last forever, if you think 3 months without doing anything is bad try 30 years on a tiny fixed income because you didn't put into social security while having a list of tree related aches and pains. On that note if I was under the table I would not talk about it online. Sorry, I'm a dad and used to giving lectures on responsibility. You sound like a capable climber and make enough to invest in some equipment, it's not difficult to get into and there will be a point where you can't climb. Why not stay in the industry until the day you die by building a company with your skills instead of watching other benefit from you ability?
I guess mostly because I still make more than a lot of owners I work with, by time they pay for maintenance, do the books pay taxes, none of which I've concern myself with. I've more time and money while having virtually no hassles.

Personally I'm not expecting to grow old, I've no kids if I have a heart attack, I don't wish to recover, I don't wish to change the way I live, I'm here temporarily then I'm gone. I really don't wish to get old and feeble, having to be cared for is not my idea of retirement.

Back