Advanced hydraulics dual pump splitter build diesel mower conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And as far as the boom angle, its handy to have, my buddy has it but says u dont need it. So i simplified and bought the harbour freight 140 truck crane, which uses a bottle jack style piston.
Hydraulic adjustable without the plumbing!!!!
Tried there.manual.boat winch, and it works, but reversing winch is a pain.
If u only did a couple big blocks its fine, but i had a whole days worth and i was wooped after a hour.
Built my own hydraulic winch.

I really only have one problem with my crane. If the wood is being pulled from the bac end of of the splitter, the round just sort of slide across the ground until it reaches the wheels and axle. Then I have to pull it around the wheel. The wood pretty much stays on the ground until its right beside the splitting table. My boom is mounted beside the splitting cyl on the opposite side from operator and towards the rear of the splitter. It works better if your on the same side of splitter as the boom, but my controls are not centered above the beam for one sided operation. Not a big deal, the boom was a after thought after the splitter was built. A do over would have a few changes made.

Painting the boom.

a66bc1b64d9fffd363e609d692ced0e9.jpg

Thinking about the winch and boom. I need to add limiters to the swing of the boom. So the boom only works to the front and side of the splitter. It was not my intent to use the winch to pull from the rear of the splitter. So swing limiters will prevent the boom from doing something it was not designed to do.

Doug,
You going to make the boom cylinders hydraulically controlled by your pumps too?

Also you going to need a suitcase weight bracket on the back? One of the pics makes the ram look like it sticks out quite far from the mower frame. Plus BIG logs to weigh the front down. Just curiosity...

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] looks great!

Yes boom has a hydro valve.
Will have stabilizer jack with hydro valve.
Plus will need weights.
Two for auto cycle
One for 4 way wedge
One for boom
One for stabilizer
One for driving
Steering wheel
And remote for hydraulic winch.

Yes boom has a hydro valve.
Will have stabilizer jack with hydro valve.
Plus will need weights.
Two for auto cycle
One for 4 way wedge
One for boom
One for stabilizer
One for driving
Steering wheel
And remote for hydraulic winch.

One for the awning.
One for the fridge.
One for the recliner.

Don't forget those! haha