Advanced hydraulics dual pump splitter build diesel mower conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK fellas, his name is Doug.

Sam and tip were pets.

For some reason that cracked me up! LOL.

I will trailer it to GTG and Charity Cuts. I will drive it around under its own power off road.

I did narrow the front axel by 16 inches to make it easier to load on a trailer. To get the mower home I had to take the fenders off the trailer and drive over the trailer tires. The mowing width was something like 9 ft wide.

Finding the free time to work on this project is difficult at times. I have the week off and hope to get a few days to work on the splitter.

Now laying out the steel for the work table.

Update of progress. Log rack.

ef3b3b0388c16df61a4dde51294849e8.jpg

bf62cce3e9f06fa0c06baa380a822e95.jpg

521bb2acf8717462d4012294dee57f88.jpg

10e99809ac0a7d04e885b7cff94277c2.jpg

Iowa Spring GTG on April 30th near Chelsea Iowa. The Iowa Charity Cut will be May 14th at my house outside of Waukee Iowa. Pushing to have splitter done for the events. Taking my time to get it right. AE Metal works set the standard pretty high with the wedges and beam work.

Last year at the Iowa Charity Cut we had 38 volunteers working hard to cut and splitting firewood. The wood is given away to people needing help with heating. Facebook "Firewood Helper Waukee" for more info.

The Iowa Spring GTG has more poeple but more for chainsaw/wood fun.

Last year at the Iowa Charity Cut we had 38 volunteers working hard to cut and splitting firewood. The wood is given away to people needing help with heating. Facebook "Firewood Helper Waukee" for more info.
And we did what, 50 cord in a day that day. It was an awesome day, that's for sure. Can't wait till the next one! I'll have my splitter down there for sure, to help keep those running a saw busy! :D

Been waiting for a update, Looks good and I like the boom. A big splitter with no way to get big rounds on it is useless in my opinion. Is that a winch laying on top of the tire.

Yes a hydraulic winch. The tong are for show at the moment. Will add a pulley to the end and then attach to the modified tong. The blue tongs are to small for big wood.

Will need to do some engineering on the winch mount and control. If electric winch it would be easy to make wireless remote control for winch but electric is slow. Will need to use a valve block from the mower for steering and deck raise lower. Then attach a wireless remote to the valve assemble.

Little stumped at the moment on hydraulic jack for a front stabilizer. Want it compact but it must have a good reach.

With a hydraulic winch, I would use a electric solenoid valve and make a remote for it. If you use a d03 subplate for two solenoid valves, you can hook the boom lift from the same valve. Here are the CC valves, and subplate to work with your variable pump, http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...12-VDC-10-GPM-CC-DA-SOLENOID-VALVE-9-6138.axd and the CC subplate, http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...STATION-DO3-PARALLEL-CC-SUBPLATE-9-4070-2.axd Might be a little pricey at about $300 for a complete setup but worth every penny for ease of installation and function

Was thinking I should slow down the return stroke of the large shaft cylinder. From looking at the flow of auto cycle valve I could put a check valve and flow divider on the D port of the auto cycle valve. 2.? Seconds is pretty fast for 30 inch stroke. Plus slow down the amount of oil going to the dump valve.

Seems backwards wanting to slow the splitter down.

Back