Aftermarket MS200T carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mp5n

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the aftermarket (chinese) carbs for the MS200T? I just bought a few of them and I'm not happy with the results. I've tried them on multiple saws, all pressure / vacuum tested fine and with good compression. They are difficult to tune and don't seem to hold the tune between starts. I've swapped out known good Zamas and they run fine. I pulled one apart and nothing seems out of the ordinary. One thing I did notice is that the throttle shaft seems to have excessive clearance.

I go over about 30 of these saws over a year and wanted to try an economical carb. I see them offered by multiple people but I don't know if there are multiple sources from china. If anyone has any experience with them I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
MP5N

I bought 6 of these and tried 2 so far and they run very poorly. Like I said I swap out a new Zama and the saw runs perfect.

I've been running the Zamas and Walbros for years. I've had good success with rebuilding or deleting the accelerator pumps, but if I can find a aftermarket that works I'd prefer that.

Thanks,
MP5N

Just by comparing the photos everyone selling these has they certainly look similar.

I tried a few of the Chinese carbs on a strong running 200T and it didn't run well. Put the Zama back on and it ran great. They run like they have an air leak. I'm going to bush the throttle shaft and see what the results are. It's a PIA to have to go through this, but I'm curious to know what the root cause is.

Back