Ain't it cute

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got to use this little gem. This is an amazing little saw! Even with 63PS3 chain, it has NO trouble pulling a buried 12" bar in dead/dry Ash. We're removing a dying Ash tree from my Mom's front yard, and I couldn't have done it without this saw. To say that I'm impressed would be an understatement. I never even touched my initial tune. It just ran perfectly, with awesome throttle response and great power. I highly recommend it for topping, trimming, and even removals. I'll try to get some vids this Friday when we finish the job.

To be clear, I am referring to "hardhat" the AS member that has recently ordered a 150. This is not a dig @ Brad. I've enjoyed his threads on the 150 and other small saws.

Brad
Do you have a source for the 3/8 spur?
I myself picked up a 150 this last Wednesday and have about 8 tanks of fuel through it already. Very impressed with it so far. Had no trouble in hard sugar maple with bar buried. I would really like to try the LP setup tho with the 12 in bar.

Brad
Do you have a source for the 3/8 spur?
I myself picked up a 150 this last Wednesday and have about 8 tanks of fuel through it already. Very impressed with it so far. Had no trouble in hard sugar maple with bar buried. I would really like to try the LP setup tho with the 12 in bar.
My 3/8 spur came from Australia. They weren't available in the U.S.at that time

Its funny the run way smaller bars on saws than we do because their wood is so hard and nasty but they can run a bigger chain than we can on a little tiny saw.

I "WANT" an MS150T SO BADLY. However, it's hard to justify it against my Silky Zubat 330...

Its funny the run way smaller bars on saws than we do because their wood is so hard and nasty but they can run a bigger chain than we can on a little tiny saw.
You're right, it's weird, but nobody in their right mind would even pickup a 150 near some dry redgum, or some ironbark or similar. Pruning fruit trees or similar, well it's the same wherever you are. I had a job a while back getting sweet pittosporum off a stupid steep hill and if I could have bought a rear handled 150 I would have.

Latest posts

Back