Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is that just what they have been doing the last few years then, and they have really just started?????:laugh: :laugh:

The truth is that Stihl rested on old laurels waaaaaay too long, and still have a lot of catching-up to do!

Now now its time we disagree again,LOL

Here are the facts. Stihl has over 600 patents pertaining to the "modern" chainsaw, maybe more by now. They became the No.1 selling saw in the world in 1971, always thought it was 1974 but it was 1971. Since then they have remained the No.1 selling chainsaw in the world, 36 years in a row. They have the largest most modern R&D center in the world for outdoor power equipment. They have not one factory but 8 around the world, much more than any other chainsaw maker. They have made it on their own, they have never needed stockholders to survive. They have never been sold to another company and run by outsiders, it's a family owned and runned business empire, no other chainsaw maker can say that. They have never bought out other chainsaw manufactures to gain market share, they have never had to. They rule the biggest market in the world, the United States. They have never gone mail order, net sales or box store to gain market share, they never had to.

The above no other chainsaw manufacture can attest to but can only marvel at Sawtroll. Sitting on their behinds you say, if that were really the case how did they manage all the above that no other chainsaw manufacture can make claim to.

All the new designs of today by Stihl are result of laws in Europe changing and the EPA. Some will say they have copied Husqvarna with the use of springs but Stihl uses much more than just springs to dampen vibration to meet Europe's new standards for vibration levels. They have perfected and improved the spring system altogether by offering different levels of firmness, something no one has done. Many pro users will attest they like the rubber buffer system better because the whole saw feels stiffer and in one single piece. Stihl had no choice but go away from it, not because they wanted to but because they had too due to new standards in Europe.

Last but not least many don't know this but Stihl plans their products 8 years in advance believe it or not. So there is no sitting on their behinds.
The TS700 concrete saw took 21 million dollars to design and build before the 1st one hit the dealer showroom. It took 6.5 years to make that one saw the way they wanted it. As of right now Stihl is planned up to 2015. In the very near future the results of all that planning, research and delevelopment will be showing up in dealer showrooms. The STORM is on the way for the competition, trust me. As of right now OPE sales are down throughout the United States due to a long dry spell but one manufacture sales continue to grow, guess who, Stihl. Every other manufacture is down. So Sawtroll if you think they have been sitting back taking it easy by being on the top your mistaken my freind. Stihl is and always has been on the ball.

Last edited:
HEY SAWTROLL

Did you notice that it took Thall 12 hours and 2 mins. to reply to your post.:popcorn:

Keep reading that book of Stihl. Tom:hmm3grin2orange:

Come on already!!

:bang: Stop screwing around THALL!

The only reason this post is headed into the top 10 most viewed threads of all time (in 3 days!!) is because of your "spy" photos. Put up or shut up for gosh sakes! I don't have time to read through 23 pages of banter for those sweet nuggets!! POST EM!!

:blob2: <--- My blue bouncing ball begs you :bowdown:.

:laugh:

The only reason this post is headed into the top 10 most viewed threads of all time (in 3 days!!) is because of your "spy" photos. Put up or shut up for gosh sakes! I don't have time to read through 23 pages of banter for those sweet nuggets!! POST EM!!

Yes Thall'
Please show us the room where stihl takes husky chainsaws apart for their next up to date saw.:popcorn:

Holy crap I'm frickin' cryin' over here!!! :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

What Thall failed to mention was.

Stihls engineers were waiting for the patent of Huskys air filtration system to expire.
Stihl jumped on that like kids do for candy when a pinata breaks open.

Now Now

Excuse me fellow chainsaw brothers but I'd like some facts on your manufacture, any will do. Tell me what you know about Husqvarna, Dolmar, Echo or whoever your preferred brand is. No need to tell me about Stihl, I already know the goodies about them. So come one come all, tell ole Hall whatcha know,LOLOLOL I'll accpet any info you have, any pics of any factory, I'll even accept Visa or Mastercard,LOLOLOL

Did I mention the Va Beach factory produces 69% of all Stihl, can't beat those "American" workers I tell ya, wink!!

HEY SAWTROLL

Did you notice that it took Thall 12 hours and 2 mins. to reply to your post.:popcorn:

Keep reading that book of Stihl. Tom:hmm3grin2orange:

I'd love to read a book about Mr. Husqvarna. Know where I can get a copy, hmmmmm. Oh cuse me I forgets there is no Mr.Husqvarna, never was,LOLOL, gotcha

Dear chap I know so much about Stihl I can take this thread way past the granddaddy of them all, the Prince ( another Stihl thread of course) if I wanted to. However to do so I would have to make you heathens roll in disgust and eat so much crow I would be accused of causing obeisty in the country,hehe

(You do have a point Manual, that 10 gal really got this thing rolling,LOL)

Ever wonder where Stihl Inc is located, let me show you..

attachment.php

Its about 15 minutes from there.

I'd say,
Your a bit early. LOL
Stilhl waiting for the boat to show up from China.

What Thall failed to mention was.

Stihls engineers were waiting for the patent of Huskys air filtration system to expire.
Stihl jumped on that like kids do for candy when a pinata breaks open.

LOL, as usual not correct but since you bring it up it would be nice if Husky would put a REAL filter in their system. Once again I must use my trusty 372 to make my point. Look at these and tell me who has the filter baby. Its a no brainer , sorry, I spent big bucks to prove these things,LOL Also there is sawdust on that 372 filter, how can that be, hmmmmmmm

attachment.php

Last edited:
Now here is a REAL filter and notice no sawdust, hmmmmmmm. Both saws were run the last time when Hoss came by. Both saws were spotless at the start. He can vouch the 441 was run more that day than the 372, yet it has less dust in the carb housing,hmmmmmmm

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back