Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Hoss welcome to the funny farm

Good post Hoss. We're having fun tonite so don't pay alot of mind to whats going on here. I'm just putting the facts out for the world to see and Manual and Woodie, well not sure what they are putting out but its all in good fun.
Tell me something Hoss for you which would it be, 372 or 441?, you used them both..

Thats right Tom,
You told Hoss just how it is (except for your facts)
It's all in good fun.

See may wife is sick today and I have the duty's of taking of my son.
well both of them. so I have been back and forth all day on this here thread chewing the fat with Tom.
Took My son out for a walk and started raining. SoI guess it was meant to be.

So you like them old saw huh. which one do you which one is your favorite

Good post Hoss. We're having fun tonite so don't pay alot of mind to whats going on here. I'm just putting the facts out for the world to see and Manual and Woodie, well not sure what they are putting out but its all in good fun.
Tell me something Hoss for you which would it be, 372 or 441?, you used them both..

441 all the way baby. (Till the 882 comes out) I would gladly own a 372 also, but if I had to chose it would be the 441.

One thing I didn't mention earlier is that I have been impressed with how many parts are still available for obselete saws through stihl.( 075, 041, 090, 056) Of course not everything is available but I was suprised by how much IS.

I realize that for an arborist or logger that weight is an issue when weighed against production numbers. For me though their are things that appeal to me more than others and weight is not the biggie in the bunch. I go about 260# so the weight of the saw is not the issue it could be. I have used piston port saws and reedvalve motors and get more satisfaction from reeds. Having said this, I didn't start out to own ANY stihls at all I was a mac and homie fan. Well then I got an 090 and said to myself "now here is a saw that lives up to the hype". After that I got an 075 and liked the look and handling of it. Then came the real suprise, the 056 magII. This saw blew me away and I like it even more than my 066. recently I laid hands on an 084 and was very impressed again, this time not just by the power but by the build quality also. Now all along here I've been collecting other brands also jred 910, mac555,homie 540 and a super xl. I used the 441 and the 372 and felt that the 441 was torquier and that the fit and finnish WERE of a higher standard. I didn;t set out to be a stihl man, but if I bought a new saw it WOULD be a stihl.

I just took you off My Christmas List.

attachment.php

Not so , here's what Stihl Engineering will get you,

NO. 1

LOL

Hoss never figured the tiny bar lite weight. I like cutting speed use the 044 and 066 interchangeably don't care about the weight difference. Use saws under 70cc only in trees. Yes there is more than weight.

One year later and you guys are still ?????in' about the 441's weight.

Bet you would gladly except an extra pound on yer slong!!!:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

:ices_rofl:

Rich you know what they say when a guy can't handle a few ounces, he must be wearing panites,:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Well Manual

attachment.php

And heres what happens when you use your Stihl Saws for more then just show.

NOTE; the Stihls anti vibe Spring system burys the case into the gas tank for better support.

If you dont ever replace your AV Buffers when they wear out and lean on your saws too much I suppose that could happen,,, But a smart cookie like you should be able to figure that out????? ehhhh???

Thats right Tom,
You told Hoss just how it is (except for your facts)
It's all in good fun.

See may wife is sick today and I have the duty's of taking of my son.
well both of them. so I have been back and forth all day on this here thread chewing the fat with Tom.
Took My son out for a walk and started raining. SoI guess it was meant to be.

So you like them old saw huh. which one do you which one is your favorite

right now my favorite saws to use all the time are the 056magII and the homie 540(no I couldn't pick just one). I always get an evil laugh though when I pick up the 090 or mac 125.

On a side note, my 540 homie suprised me the other day when my buddy and I were cutting up a 42" downed poplar for removal. He was using my dual port 066 and I was using my fresh-from-Tommy homie 540. Well in the standard bucking the 066 was marginaly faster(wich I expected), but once we turned those rounds on their sides for halving, the homie walked away from the 066. It just would not slow or bog at all in the cut. Whooda thunkit?

If you dont ever replace your AV Buffers when they wear out and lean on your saws too much I suppose that could happen,,, But a smart cookie like you should be able to figure that out????? ehhhh???

River will you resize Manual's pic there. All I got is blank screen. I want to see what he's talking about.......

right now my favorite saws to use all the time are the 056magII and the homie 540(no I couldn't pick just one). I always get an evil laugh though when I pick up the 090 or mac 125.

On a side note, my 540 homie suprised me the other day when my buddy and I were cutting up a 42" downed poplar for removal. He was using my dual port 066 and I was using my fresh-from-Tommy homie 540. Well in the standard bucking the 066 was marginaly faster(wich I expected), but once we turned those rounds on their sides for halving, the homie walked away from the 066. It just would not slow or bog at all in the cut. Whooda thunkit?

That 540 has been a goodie since the day I bought it. Glad she is serving you well ole boy, its got a good home...

I not only replaced them I also added a ring around one.

I not only replaced them I also added a ring around one.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr if you can replace a bushing you can resize that dayumm pic. I haven't seen what your talking about yet. RESIZE THAT PIC!!!!!

Latest posts

Back