Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They all have a grease hole in the bar thats all the info I can provide for now, and say made in Canada isn't that Oregon?

I would say so and your not the only one that has said that. Ben spoke of rebaged Oregon bars in Canada too so I don't doubt either one of you. I will find out why that is though, a answer is only a phone call away and I'll ask on your behalf.

I would say so and your not the only one that has said that. Ben spoke of rebaged Oregon bars in Canada too so I don't doubt either one of you. I will find out why that is though, a answer is only a phone call away and I'll ask on your behalf.
Thats why they call you the Champ? thanks I also would like to know why. I don't know if you caught my post about the Stihl selector guide but even that is not on the Canadian web sight?

That's right, but what's behind the clutch cover is much more important, when a chain derails.......;) :yoyo: :yoyo:

Well now that you memtion it, lets have a look see ole boy,

attachment.php

Last edited:
441 clutch. Notice the extra built in gaurd above the clutch to feed out the chips, extra weight , I know,LOL

attachment.php

Last edited:
441 clutch. Notice the extra built in gaurd above the clutch to feed out the chips, extra weight , I know,LOL

attachment.php

Looks as the 361, as I thought, more plastic, and that plastic gets eaten up when chains derail (exposed the chain brake spring on mine, from a single derailing), but no big deal really..........

.. just nit-pick, to make a point - no saw design is perfect in all regards.....

Last edited:
Looks as the 361, as I thought, the plastic gets eaten up when chains derail (exposed the chain brake spring on mine, from a single derailing), but no big deal really..........

Well I've never seen a thrown chain do any real big damage to any saw. Clearance did say though the chain popped his fuel tank on his 361 so I guess it can happen..

Looks as the 361, as I thought, more plastic, and the plastic gets eaten up when chains derail (exposed the chain brake spring on mine, from a single derailing), but no big deal really..........

.. just nit-pick, to make a point - no saw design is perfect in all regards.....

Well since we are all nit picking in good fun take a look at those last two pics again. See the big rubber buffer to the left of the clutch on the 441. That buffer protects the tank housing when twisted, it buffers it and also aids in reducing vibration. Now look to the left of the clutch on the 372. You see a small screw head, that is your tank buffer. Its merely a screw with no rubber tip to prevent the tank housing from being twisted too far. Now tell me, is there any question as to which is better on the tank itself..

Well I've never seen a thrown chain do any real big damage to any saw. Clearance did say though the chain popped his fuel tank on his 361 so I guess it can happen..

I have derailed a chain once on the 361, and it sure did damage the plastic around the clutch.

I have on my 353 also, no damage, except for scratches on the chain catcher, and the paint on the clutch cover......

Bottom line; Husky puts metal were it really makes a difference, Stihl puts it where it looks good........:laugh: :laugh: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
It is the case that is heavy

Nope nope nope. I bet if you weighed just the crankcases they would weigh close the same. The crankcase itself on the 441 isn't that large. What is mounted on that case is where the weight is, let me show you.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back