Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Neither hand has to move once you pick the Stihl up" LOL

So how do you use the pull starter if both hands don't move. Gotcha

(Told ya I got my second wind get up suckaar)

Once you set the choke you take your right hand off the trigger and crank the saw, one swift motion, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they don't have automatic crankers yet ya big knucklehead,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Once you set the choke you take your right hand off the trigger and crank the saw, one swift motion, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they don't have automatic crankers yet ya big knucklehead,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ding Ding Ding

Ok now my son needs me. Moms still sick.
So I'll let you rest.LOL

LOL, thank you for proving my point. I can do all that in one motion becasue the choke and switch are one on the Stihl. Neither hand has to move once you pick the Stihl up, only the thumb for choke off the right hand and the thumb off the left hand for the compression release, one swift motion. Boy Woodie is really gonna be on you, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yup...right thumb choke/ignition, left thumb decomp, right hand pull.

Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right thumb fiddle with choke/ignition.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
And the saw roars to life.

It is that easy on a Stihl.

Almost forgot: Suckaaaaar!

Last edited:
Yup...right thumb choke/ignition, left thumb decomp, right hand pull.

Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right thumb fiddle with choke/ignition.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
Right hand pull.
And the saw roars to life.

It is that easy on a Stihl.

Almost forgot: Suckaaaaar!

Nice to see you know how to use your right hand for other "thangs",LOLOLOL

Sorry...I don't start Stihl saws.

Pride being what it is and all... :hmm3grin2orange:

I understand fully, Manual didn't have a 8inch thumb either,you boys are use to using two hands to start those ole J-reds,LOL

Aaaaaaaaand on that note, I'm hittin' the hay.

Tom I'm pleased to see you still able to stand. 'Course, all three judges scored it for Manual tonight, but ya kept on your feet, and that's a lot for a Stihl girl.

This half of the Jred Boys is going to sleep...I'll be back to beat-up on you tomorrow maybe.

Remember to dump Manual's spit bucket on your way out tonight...and lock-up tight.

Oh, and do me a favor...don't just stand there and bleed while I'm talkin' to yas...get a towel or something...

Night all.

Aaaaaaaaand on that note, I'm hittin' the hay.

Tom I'm pleased to see you still able to stand. 'Course, all three judges scored it for Manual tonight, but ya kept on your feet, and that's a lot for a Stihl girl.

This half of the Jred Boys is going to sleep...I'll be back to beat-up on you tomorrow maybe.

Remember to dump Manual's spit bucket on your way out tonight...and lock-up tight.

Oh, and do me a favor...don't just stand there and bleed while I'm talkin' to yas...get a towel or something...

Night all.

Takes 2 J-red men to mess with one Stihl man and as usual I KEEP THE BELT!!!, nite Woodie.

Okie Dokie,,,,,

Sorry...I don't start Stihl saws.

Pride being what it is and all... :hmm3grin2orange:

Woodie now ya done went and dumped in my Cheerios now ya big dummy!!!!! I can pick up most of my Stihl saws w/my right hand by the rear handle, be choking and tuning on the ignition without ever removing my right hand and I'm walking off with it starting it w/my left hand and when the carb is tuned right they pop on the first or second pull choke off (stihl havent removed right hand) and usually running by 3rd or fourth pull,,,, in fact one of my 066s is tuned so sweet that its firing on choke and actually many times stays running as soon as I switch to fast idle and I dont have to pull it again!!!! So whats the big deal????? :looser:

Last edited:
Takes 2 J-red men to mess with one Stihl man and as usual I KEEP THE BELT!!!, nite Woodie.

Tom almost had me.
The problem he had was not moving his hand fast enough on hs saw.
he just wanted to keep both hands on the handles.

He'll get faster moves now that he has a Husky:cheers:

Tom almost had me.
The problem he had was not moving his hand fast enough on hs saw.
he just wanted to keep both hands on the handles.

He'll get faster moves now that he has a Husky:cheers:

Almost had you, haha, boy those two picks knocked you out cold. Tell what though since I'm a nice guy, go watch the master on his little vids and see how its done, hehe

Almost had you, haha, boy those two picks knocked you out cold. Tell what though since I'm a nice guy, go watch the master on his little vids and see how its done, hehe

I'll tell ya what.
I'd sure like to see some one post some pics of the 575
So we can have a real show down.

Don't look at me, I'm saving up for the new 346xp

I'll tell ya what.

I bet that 575 is a ok saw. Lot of non-sense has been said about it but its small world on here.

346xp, MINE WILL BE MUCH FASTER YOURS JUST BECAUSE ITS MINE, don't forget it sucker, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

They don't have to deal with real world saws..... today I wrestled 2 x 200T, an 056, an 041, 2 x 044 and and 036-pro into submission... and the phone, and usual mass of dumb and dumber customers...

about 10 lbs of filth came off them (the saws), most of it on me.

Oh yes... and one dragged in an 088 with a 6 foot bar that "came off" while they were cutting...

Filth, oil, grease, gray hairs.. my life.. all while you were sucking up to the big boys...;)

Well Lake, I can tell you that I married my wife in VA Beach in 1973. It was a beautiful place then as was my wife. We moved back to VA Beach in 1977 and the Stihl factory was just off the ground...my wife was still the prettiest girl on the beach. Thall has some great pictures. I'm just kicking my but that I did'nt visit that new Stihl factory before all the trees grew up around it. I guess we'll have to go back for a visit. Late fall, winter or early spring is THE time to go....if you want to look at chainsaws that is.:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

I'll tell ya what.

I bet that 575 is a ok saw. Lot of non-sense has been said about it but its small world on here.

346xp, MINE WILL BE MUCH FASTER YOURS JUST BECAUSE ITS MINE, don't forget it sucker, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I ain't postin' pics of my 575..If I take a picture of it and download it,then I'll have to see it every time I open up photobucket....It will just remind me of the 725 bucks I wasted on that POS...I gave it to a guy who works for me...Not to keep,but he needed a chainsaw so I let him use it,and I told him that I was in no hurry to have it back...I just got done modding my other 346....She flat HAULS!!!

What was so bad about it? Heck the 441 is just a crappy copy with a different paint scheme:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
I ain't postin' pics of my 575..If I take a picture of it and download it,then I'll have to see it every time I open up photobucket....It will just remind me of the 725 bucks I wasted on that POS...I gave it to a guy who works for me...Not to keep,but he needed a chainsaw so I let him use it,and I told him that I was in no hurry to have it back...I just got done modding my other 346....She flat HAULS!!!

Tell me Timber what all is wrong with the 575. Spike spoke of them being cold natured but other than that I really haven't heard much about them. So what the deal on your 575, how come you don't care much for it??

Tell me Timber what all is wrong with the 575. Spike spoke of them being cold natured but other than that I really haven't heard much about them. So what the deal on your 575, how come you don't care much for it??

Probably 'cause they're too much like a 441. :buttkick: :)

What was so bad about it? Heck they 441 is just a crappy copy with a different paint scheme:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Dayummed if we don't think alike, look at the times on those two posts asking Timber whats wrong with the 575, amazing...

Latest posts

Back