All in one Stihl bar adapter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
want to buy the new stihl 462, and fit it with the new husqvarna X cut chain (C85) or the oregon 73 lpx chain. Want a lightweight bar around 20 " I have not been able to find a such a bar, anyone know about a bar that could fit? (3/8, 1,5 mm gauge, and 20 inches with the stihl 3003 bar mount and as light as possible) Know that Cannon make such bars but think they are realy hevy. Is there a adapter that can be used? If there is nothing thats fitts I think i will buy the new Husqvarna 572, but its 0,6 kg heavier than the stihl 462 and not as strong eather.

The new C 85 chain from HVA comes only as I know with the 1,5 mm drive links, and here in Norway the oregon lpx chain is only sold with the 1,5 mm drive links. I have always got the oregon chains sharper than the stihl chains so the 36 RSC/RMC is not an alternative. I have also used the new Husqvarna x cut chain SP33G in .325 for about a year now on mostly a stihl 261, but lately also on a jonsered 2260 and find it the best chain I have ever used on a chainsaw, so I have hight expectations on the new X cut in (3/8 C85)

want to buy the new stihl 462, and fit it with the new husqvarna X cut chain (C85) or the oregon 73 lpx chain. Want a lightweight bar around 20 " I have not been able to find a such a bar, anyone know about a bar that could fit? (3/8, 1,5 mm gauge, and 20 inches with the stihl 3003 bar mount and as light as possible) Know that Cannon make such bars but think they are realy hevy. Is there a adapter that can be used? If there is nothing thats fitts I think i will buy the new Husqvarna 572, but its 0,6 kg heavier than the stihl 462 and not as strong eather.

The new C 85 chain from HVA comes only as I know with the 1,5 mm drive links, and here in Norway the oregon lpx chain is only sold with the 1,5 mm drive links. I have always got the oregon chains sharper than the stihl chains so the 36 RSC/RMC is not an alternative. I have also used the new Husqvarna x cut chain SP33G in .325 for about a year now on mostly a stihl 261, but lately also on a jonsered 2260 and find it the best chain I have ever used on a chainsaw, so I have hight expectations on the new X cut in (3/8 C85)
In this case I would buy a 20” Tsumura or Sugihara Reduced weight bar in .058”/1.5mm, then have the bar mount slot machined to fit the Stihl. I have had it done on several bars myself. There shouldn’t be a problem finding a machine shop locally in Norway who could do that for you. I’m from Norway too, by the way.
If you’re having issues finding that bar, let me know, and I can help you out and ship it to you. I know the Sugihara bar is available from at least one place right away.

Hei and thanks for your support, maybee thats a good ide. I work in a "kommune" so here we have a workshop that may can help me. Think the 261 have the same bar mount system as the 462. I allredy have a 261 so I will try with a bar from our HVA 395 on the 261 to see how much who need to bee done. I asume you mean that I should buy a bar that fits the bigger HVA saws who has 0,058 gauge.

Or, you can buy a STIHL compatible bar, and have someone grind or mill the slot to 0.058".

Also depends if you want new. 'Thrifty' sawyers are known to buy a new .050 gauge bar; switch to .058 gauge chain when the groove gets worn; then progress to .063 after that.

You might find a used .050 STIHL mount guide bar that is worn enough to accept.058 chain. Maybe file the rails and replace the nose sprocket to 'refurbish' it?

Philbert

Hei and thanks for your support, maybee thats a good ide. I work in a "kommune" so here we have a workshop that may can help me. Think the 261 have the same bar mount system as the 462. I allredy have a 261 so I will try with a bar from our HVA 395 on the 261 to see how much who need to bee done. I asume you mean that I should buy a bar that fits the bigger HVA saws who has 0,058 gauge.
Hei.
Yes, get an 0.058 gauge bar for large Husky mount, D009, and machine the slot to fit the Stihl.
It works great, and you can still use the same bar on the Husky with a small and cheap adapter. I have several myself. If you work in a “Kommune”, I’m sure you can get that done easily.
What part of the country are you in? I’m from Porsgrunn myself.

In this case I would buy a 20” Tsumura or Sugihara Reduced weight bar in .058”/1.5mm, then have the bar mount slot machined to fit the Stihl. I have had it done on several bars myself. There shouldn’t be a problem finding a machine shop locally in Norway who could do that for you. I’m from Norway too, by the way.
If you’re having issues finding that bar, let me know, and I can help you out and ship it to you. I know the Sugihara bar is available from at least one place right away.

I run a D009 .058" bar on one of my Stihl 360s. I just took a die grinder with a carbide burr and opened up the stud slot. Took maybe 10 mins. Could have stuck it in the milling machine too, but I didn't see any reason for spending that much time when it didn't have to be perfect.
I just put a Stihl bar over top, marked the slot with a scribe and opened up it up about the scribe line, and test fit it till it fit properly.

Reason for running that setup? I have 3 or 4 rolls of .058 chain collecting dust and couldn't find a 0.058" bar in Stihl pattern.

Or, you can buy a STIHL compatible bar, and have someone grind or mill the slot to 0.058".

Also depends if you want new. 'Thrifty' sawyers are known to buy a new .050 gauge bar; switch to .058 gauge chain when the groove gets worn; then progress to .063 after that.

You might find a used .050 STIHL mount guide bar that is worn enough to accept.058 chain. Maybe file the rails and replace the nose sprocket to 'refurbish' it?

Philbert

I've never had a bar wear out the slot to that point. I tried fitting 0.058" on a really worn 0.050 bar I had (like was about bottoming out the drivers worn out and it still wouldn't fit a 0.058" driver.
I got about 1000hrs out of the first bar on my processor, it's still fine other than the chain drivers bottom out. I thought about grinding down the drivers (haha)... hey a chain is $25 and a bar about $90... but I figured it would be tough on the the $100 drive sprocket.

Hei.
Yes, get an 0.058 gauge bar for large Husky mount, D009, and machine the slot to fit the Stihl.
It works great, and you can still use the same bar on the Husky with a small and cheap adapter. I have several myself. If you work in a “Kommune”, I’m sure you can get that done easily.
What part of the country are you in? I’m from Porsgrunn myself.
Maybee thats the easiest way to do it, I will lock what I can find out and ask the mechanics what they think, thanks for your ides evryone so far. I am from a small island in the hardangerfjord, but I work at karmøy in the "kommune" down there.

sorry to say it but dont think my boss neither the mechanic was found of the ide of fitting a new husqvarna bar to a stihl saw, wouldent fiddling with something thats new. so looks like it gona bee the 572 if I dont come upp with something smart

Ready to ship.
nydyvyna.jpg

Back