Another Stihl dealer issue....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Went to my local dealer today to pick up a 460 tank, and clutch. The owner was on the phone, and one of his empoyees rung me up, he leaned over to his employee, and told him, "Give him 10% off!" Just like that, the owner went into his office, and shut the door.

I tell you what....

CaseyForrest said:
Went to my local dealer today to pick up a 460 tank, and clutch. The owner was on the phone, and one of his empoyees rung me up, he leaned over to his employee, and told him, "Give him 10% off!" Just like that, the owner went into his office, and shut the door.

I tell you what....
The nerve of that man telling his employee to give you 10% off just like that, how dare him, that uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that, uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hell thats a purty damn good deal if ya ask me,lolololololol. I did alittle discounting this week myself on a big sale for the local fire company. They came in and bought $5230.00 worth of saws and stuff and I felt it was only fair that I give them .01 per cent off,lolol, naaaaaa I gavem 15% off but some of that comes back thanks to Stihl's good policy for local government and tax exempt outfits. Cassey you did good, that dealer likes your business............

CaseyForrest said:

I tell you what....

I would go back and demand full price.. :cheers: :cheers:

Paul61 said:
I'm thinkin it's a conspiracy of some kind :laugh:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Yep something fishy about that deal, nobody gets a break at those overprice Stihl dealers, those outragous crooks. I personally won't deal with a Stihl dealer,lolol

THALL10326 said:
Yep something fishy about that deal, nobody gets a break at those overprice Stihl dealers, those outragous crooks. I personally won't deal with a Stihl dealer,lolol

:laugh:

Well, after trying to refrain, I'll just have to chime in on this one. Perhaps none of you remember/read my original post here which is to be expected. So, here is a re-run. Local Dealer/Hardware had a NOS MS440 w/28"ES B&C that hasn't moved in quiet some time that I've had my eye on for equally as long. Finally, I got up the gumption to ask how much since it had not moved and thought he might give me a break since I was a regular customer. When I heard $449.00 OTD/Cash price, how could I refuse?
Little did he know(Or perhaps he did?)it would spark a saw culling/buying frenzy on my behalf. Since then, was the MS260 @ $439.00 OTD which from what I understand is no great shakes however, when I took it back to trade for the Pro model that I convinced myself I needed instead, it was $40.00 extra and no questions asked.
Then I digrsessed and bought a Dolmar PS-9010 elsewhere. Now I've got a bid in on a dusty NOS 23C that's been discovered in a back room. Not sure if the offer will be accepted but, I'll fill you in if it is. He certainly didn't say no and is taking time to think about it. More often than not, with this gentleman, this means yes.
Yes, Stihl people, stricktly EVIL!

BIGBORE577 said:
Well, after trying to refrain, I'll just have to chime in on this one. Perhaps none of you remember/read my original post here which is to be expected. So, here is a re-run. Local Dealer/Hardware had a NOS MS440 w/28"ES B&C that hasn't moved in quiet some time that I've had my eye on for equally as long. Finally, I got up the gumption to ask how much since it had not moved and thought he might give me a break since I was a regular customer. When I heard $449.00 OTD/Cash price, how could I refuse?
Little did he know(Or perhaps he did?)it would spark a saw culling/buying frenzy on my behalf. Since then, was the MS260 @ $439.00 OTD which from what I understand is no great shakes however, when I took it back to trade for the Pro model that I convinced myself I needed instead, it was $40.00 extra and no questions asked.
Then I digrsessed and bought a Dolmar PS-9010 elsewhere. Now I've got a bid in on a dusty NOS 23C that's been discovered in a back room. Not sure if the offer will be accepted but, I'll fill you in if it is. He certainly didn't say no and is taking time to think about it. More often than not, with this gentleman, this means yes.
Yes, Stihl people, stricktly EVIL!

Evil indeed. You better be carefull, your getting way too many Stihl deals. The man could be preparing to come rob your house when your not home,Evil guys them Sthil dealers. I myself won't be in the same company with them:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, I noticed that too.
I get ripped off every time I go to my local dealer.
I buy stuff and when I get the receipt, I notice that I am charged less than the sticker price!!!! I HATE getting ripped off like that!

JPP said:
Yeah, I noticed that too.
I get ripped off every time I go to my local dealer.
I buy stuff and when I get the receipt, I notice that I am charged less than the sticker price!!!! I HATE getting ripped off like that!

Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible, I think we should takem all to court for uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , uhhhhhhhhhhh customer abuse. How dare them shock customers like they have you, terrible. ;) ;)

CaseyForrest said:
Wow!! I didnt expect such a response!!!

Speaking of Sap, I see he is back, in full force too.

Discounts work both ways. Today a man walked in the door with a big Stihl trimmer in his hands. I was busy but looked up from what I was doing and said whats wrong with that big boy. He says well its gotton very hard to start, has lost all its power. He goes on to say I put a new plug in it, adjusted the carb but it still has no power and its very hard to start. I said don't set it down, just hold it right there. I reached in the tool box, grabbed me a 5/8 socket and rachet and took the fire screen plug out of the muffler. Grabbed a new one and put it in while he held the machine in his hands. I said now go out the door and fire it up. He goes huh. I said take it outside the door and fire it up. 2 pulls and its running like a champ. He's like what the hell did you do. I handed him the old fire screen plug and showed him how clogged up it was. He was like you gotta be kidding. I said your 5.80 in the hole. He hands me a 20.00 and says keep the change. Not bad for 30 seconds worth of work, discounts and tips go hand in hand...............

I went my Stihl dealer today and picked up a new trimmer and the owner through in a free gas can for my buddy who was with me. I did have to ask him to throw it in but he agreed. He knows I'll be back this fall for a new snowthrower from him if he keeps me happy, which he is. Too bad Stihl doesn't make snowthrowers.:cry: Simplicity will have to do.:biggrinbounce2:

CaseyForrest said:
Wow!! I didnt expect such a response!!!

Speaking of Sap, I see She is back, in full force too.

Ya, she got a good slappin earlier today, tried to learn us on the sharpenin stuff AGAIN ! :laugh:
Can you imagine a Google educated wannabe bladesmith, who plays on the top of a washing machine, tryin to set the record straight? :jawdrop:
:ices_rofl:

Went to my dealer the other day and bought a 3/8 file kit, he threw in 3 extra files!!!! "You buy enough stuff from us it's the least I could do.
Andy

CaseyForrest said:

I tell you what....

Well, 10% off of a 20% overpriced item means that you're still paying 10% too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back