Another Stihl dealer issue....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no 050 gauge chain. lol. LMAO. I have always run 058 as that is what is predominatly popular in my area. Now I am switching to 050 as that is what I run on my stihls and the smaller huskies. Hey sappy, serious question for you...How much stronger is .008? I have not seen a differance. And the 050 cuts faster in most instances.

On a serious side, i have a bunch of 058 bars and chains if anyone is interested, in both small and big mount huskies.

-Steve

Freakingstang said:
no 050 gauge chain. lol. LMAO. I have always run 058 as that is what is predominatly popular in my area. Now I am switching to 050 as that is what I run on my stihls and the smaller huskies. Hey sappy, serious question for you...How much stronger is .008? I have not seen a differance. And the 050 cuts faster in most instances.

On a serious side, i have a bunch of 058 bars and chains if anyone is interested, in both small and big mount huskies.

-Steve

The only reason I see to run the 0.063 is that is that it has a hole (Stihl chain only) to carry more oil... On my 088 the 0.063 is the only factory option in 3/8. I run 0.050 on my 066, but might change when I use up all my chains. Maybe.

Not sure it cuts any different to 0.050 as the cutters are the same..

As for sappy, I don't think he has a clue what guage really matters - Maybe from "hearsay", but not from his (or "her") personal experience.

Freakingstang said:

-Steve

What, you think manufacturers just put bigger/thicker chains on larger saws simply because they think it looks good?

Two words:

P - R - O - D - U - C - T
L - I - A - B - I - L - I - T - Y

So sappy, expert on all things, why is the 0.325 chain on the 026 etc all 0.063??? Hmmm..... "thick" chain on little saws...

Freakingstang said:

-Steve

Hey Steve,
I'd be interested in another 20" for my 262 if you have it in .058?
I run .058 and .063, I guess it's just a regoinal thing, my stihl came with .063 my 350 is .050 and pm on the 192.
BTW: the muffler mod is AWSOME!!!!!!!! What a difference that made, ran the peewaddin out of it the last two days got to run it like it was meant to. Great gains going into the cut, just like I'd hoped:biggrinbounce2:
Andy

THALL10326 said:
Ya know Andy speaking of that I had a customer come in today trying his damnest to jew me down on a MS660. He wasn't asking 50.00 or 75.00 off but 100.00's off the list price. I knew soon as he started talking 100.00's he and I were both wasting our time. Instead of trying to talk him up and him talk me down to a medium we both could live with here's what I did. I said it sells for 1039.95. For 970.00 its yours. He just looked at me. I said now you can go shopping for a better price somewhere else and thats fine. However if you come back and want it the price is going to be 1039.95. Hard ball jewing requires hard ball tatics. I don't need nor put up with bull like that. Hell for what he wanted to give for the saw he would be paying less than we did for it. Customers like that are a waste of time and I don't waste time on them. You are very correct, "SOME" just don't understand but are shown where the door is,politely of course,lol...

I hear ya Thall, I spent enough time working at the JD dealership, I've seen a plenty of it myself:laugh: people think you should be grateful they even walked in youre door somedays, know what I mean? I have tried to talk my Stihl dealer down on saws before, he just laughs at me. I think he did shoot me a decent quote on a 460 though, $660 with a 28"?

coveredinsap said:
What, you think manufacturers just put bigger/thicker chains on larger saws simply because they think it looks good?

Two words:

One word: I - D - I - O - T, anyways Sappy, you ever had a chain break on you in all the thousands of hours you have spent logging or climbing, doing tree work of any kind? I have, a few times, on different saws. Product liabilty, thats why they put loser "safety chain" on saws, why they have those hokey nosegaurds. Back in the real world now, run what you like, if you are breaking chains, maybe you are not putting them together right, maybe you are filing the strap as the chain gets used more, maybe the chain got bent and stressed. Sap, I asked you before how many big trees you have felled and bucked, now lets hear it.

coveredinsap said:

Two words:

Why did my 046 come with 050 chain? Why did my 066 come with 050?

I guess Stihl knows that they don't have the power to harm the chain.....:notrolls2:

I think it originally was a stihl husky thing...At the beginning of time when both manufactures made saws, husky went to 058 so it was an oddball. Kinda like you can not buy a stihl bar in 058 gauge....but you can get 058 chain from stihl-----> to put on the huskies....

Please don't bring politics into chain saws and chains. You know very little on the subject, so to kindly put it, please stick your head back in your ass. Thanks and have a nice day.

Douchebag

-Steve

04ultra said:
I really want to hear this....

So this is where Sap ran, where all the boys are, makes sense. Here I was waiting for him to "clear his throat" over in the other thread and he's over here with all the guys Thanks Sap proves it all, you just can't stay away from the boys can ya, you lil ole thang you. John ditched ya and you ran overhere to hopefully "get lucky" huh":hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

sawinredneck said:
I hear ya Thall, I spent enough time working at the JD dealership, I've seen a plenty of it myself:laugh: people think you should be grateful they even walked in youre door somedays, know what I mean? I have tried to talk my Stihl dealer down on saws before, he just laughs at me. I think he did shoot me a decent quote on a 460 though, $660 with a 28"?

660.00 for a 28inch 460, not bad, not bad at all Andy. Are you gonna buy it????

THALL10326 said:
660.00 for a 28inch 460, not bad, not bad at all Andy. Are you gonna buy it????

Not for a while at least, need to justify it, or at least have a reason to justify it. That last monster Oak I did it cost me $30 for a guy to come out and stump it with his 046 32", I can give him a lot of cash before I would pay for that saw that way!! BUT I REALLY DO WANT A BIGGER SAW!!!!!!!!! Don't really need, but boy do I want it!!!!

Hi, my name is Andy, I have a tool fetish.....
(deja vue)

Actually Thall, (hind sight is 20/20) I am really kicking myself for not buying the 440 to start with. The 390 really isn't a bad saw for the money, but it collects a lot of dust now that I bought the 262xp. the 262 is lighter and will cut circles around the 390 all day and not kill you, the 390 gets heavy after a while for no more power than it has. But who knew I was going to come across that $100 262 deal? So if anything, I would like to sell the 390 and put that money towards a bigger saw. But then you run into the homeowner vs. pro issue, and most people treat that family of saws like Stihls redhead stepchild. But hey, I got the 25' on it for the bigger stuff the 20" on the 262 can't do, right?
Abdy

sawinredneck said:
But then you run into the homeowner vs. pro issue, and most people treat that family of saws like Stihls redhead stepchild.
Abdy
Seems to me they sell all right on Ebay.

spacemule said:
Seems to me they sell all right on Ebay.

May have to look into that, thanks Space;)
Andy
( I even spelled my name right this time)

sawinredneck said:
Hey Steve,
I'd be interested in another 20" for my 262 if you have it in .058?
I run .058 and .063, I guess it's just a regoinal thing, my stihl came with .063 my 350 is .050 and pm on the 192.
BTW: the muffler mod is AWSOME!!!!!!!! What a difference that made, ran the peewaddin out of it the last two days got to run it like it was meant to. Great gains going into the cut, just like I'd hoped:biggrinbounce2:
Andy

262, that is small mount right? I don't have much in the small husky mount. I have a 18" 050, a brand new 20" 050, a 16" 058, and a couple laminated bars in the 16"-18" variety. I don't normally run anything big on the small mount saws.....

Got a couple good 20" big mount huskies though...and an almost new 28" all in 058.

-Steve

coveredinsap said:

Two words:

Oh good, he's talking slowly and spelling things out for us. This thread was starting to get confusing. It's all so clear now.

CaseyForrest said:
Went to my local dealer today to pick up a 460 tank, and clutch. The owner was on the phone, and one of his empoyees rung me up, he leaned over to his employee, and told him, "Give him 10% off!" Just like that, the owner went into his office, and shut the door.

I tell you what....

Good for you Casey, I get the same treatment when I go to my Jonsered Dealer. sometimes they throw in a hat or a couple free files.

Diff. Change gauge, Well of all things. I'll Tell you what . Wished I'd thought of that.

Newfie said:
Oh good, he's talking slowly and spelling things out for us. This thread was starting to get confusing. It's all so clear now.

And you can see all the good it did....still just in one ear and out the other, with nothing but air in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back