any international shows in US on chainsaws, parts and related tech ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeshaw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am thinking of a trip to the states :Monkey: , a visit to a show in included, any suggestion ? best an international one, with latest tech, parts etc any stuff on gardening equipment. tks :angel:

4 days passed, no guy give me an answer ? what is the most popular show for chainsaws ? any clues i can go for ? tks :)

Hi Mike,

Seeing that Homeanite and Muckaluck, Pioneer, Partner and Poulan are now nearly extinct, I think you may end up needing to go to Europe for a real good chainsaw trade show.

Our North American companies are no longer attracting crowds or interest, actually they almost do not exist in any quality worth mentioning.

Thanks Lobo !
What about Stihl and Husqvarna ? They are good quality chainsaws but parts are expensive and not to be found anywhere. I am trying to surf the internet for a show but had no idea which, you know, this stuff you natives know better. There must be a place ( show, fair, forum or anything else ) for all these, right ?

ozflea said:
Hmmmmmm thats what happens when you don't support you homegrown local product,
eventually you need a passport.

Mc Bob
sure i have a passport and i have travled in eu countries, but not usa, i know procedures ,problem is i don't know what show, and where - i found most you guys are from usa, so i guess there should be some shows and hi-tech things to look at. some one of you surely can give me some good advice, i stay alert :)
:blob5:

There are two trade shows relating to Outdoor Power Equipment generally.
GAFA International Garden Trade Fair, Cologne, Germany September 3-5, 2006
International Lawn, Garden, & Power Equipment Exposition, Louisville Kentucky, October 14 to 16, 2005.
To find all the trade shows go to the web page
http:www.yetmans.com and click on events.

The Expo in Louisville is mainly Mower/Outdoor Power Equipment focused,
it used to be huge, and full of chainsaw makers. It has gotten a bit better
lately, as Stihl has started slightly making a nominal reappearance in the last
few years. Regionally, there are chainsaw shows that bring in the bigger
names, usually by the region's distributors. I will check around for you, but they are usually later on in the year. I live 50 miles from Louisville, and hit
the Expo yearly.

Fish said:
names, usually by the region's distributors. I will check around for you, but they are usually later on in the year. I live 50 miles from Louisville, and hit
the Expo yearly.

Fish you know your my Hero lol. Hey you still have the pic of my girlfriend?

Johnny Scales

Mike Acres said:
There are two trade shows relating to Outdoor Power Equipment generally.
GAFA International Garden Trade Fair, Cologne, Germany September 3-5, 2006
International Lawn, Garden, & Power Equipment Exposition, Louisville Kentucky, October 14 to 16, 2005.
To find all the trade shows go to the web page
http:www.yetmans.com and click on events.
hi mike ( me too :)
tks for ur great info.
am checking up the site.
:blob2:

Fish said:
the Expo yearly.
hi fish,
tks for that.
if that takes place late in october, then i think i have had the time to get ready - back to u later....
:jester:

Back