any NEW 361s still around??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
Reaction score
anywhere you can still buy a brand new ms361? :confused:
im getting tired of being outbid on used saws, i might just cough up the money, if i can find one?

im getting tired of being outbid on used saws, i might just cough up the money, if i can find one?

Jazz3ring is selling a Brand New 361 on the Trading Post Site . I was interested until I found a new Unit (Demo) at my Local Dealer. He seems like a upfront type Dude give him a try .

Last time I checked there were plenty at my less then local stihl dealer. He refuses to even admit that the ms362 even exists, at least until he unloads his remaining inventory.

Why a 361 over the 362?

i saw one on the shelf $529.00 3 weeks ago....ya want one ??
edit
the 362 sitting beside it was 649.00

well theres part of it !! lol
plus the 361 is lighter
and isnt loaded up with that EPA emissions BS, correct?
lighter and cheaper is enough for me.. lol , ok well cheaper is enough for me, lol:cheers: lighter is just an added bonus!

just called my local stihl dealer , talk about no help at all:

"hi do you have any ms361's left for sale"

put me on hold .. come back "ummm uhhh ms361? ... uhhh ummmm, we have an ms362"

"im interested in the ms361 if you have any or can get any"

"ummm uhhh, well we have the 362,, im not sure if that replaced the 361 or not"?

"yes.. the 362 replaced the 361.. can you get any 361's?"

"well if we have the 362's here on the shelf, that means we probably cant get any 361's anymore"

ok.. thanks
it couldnt have been on the guy on the phone whos been there when ive gone in before, the normal guy is very reputable and will talk your ear off about chainsaws for an hour. this guy had no clue, guess ill have to go down in person and find the dirty guy in back that knows his ####, and see what he says

One of our local stihl dealers has them on the shelf for 609.00, Race Brother's at Monett, Missouri or at least they did over the weekend.

Why a 361 over the 362?

I understand that the Decompression and Chain Oiler Adjustability along with even more Stringent EPA Emmisions standards are the Basic changes from the former MS-361 that have been added to the New MS-362. Prices for the 361 up North here are around $650 to $699 . The 362 is approx $100 adder. I lucked out with a slightly been used and fully warranteed 361 with 20" Bar from my Local Dealer's Son (Demo) for $539 . Otherwise I was set to inquire in much more detail within Jazz3rings Saw .

My 361 has decomp and chain oiler. I think the dif is the strato design for the most part. I don't know if the AV is different or not.

I picked up a 362 full wrap doube dawg kit 25" es bar two loops of chain one full skip and one comfort. File guide and file. Depth guage, eyes ears standard tools and a bunch of super two stroke mix and a gallon of bar oil for $670 otd. They had no 361's left but allseason In Eugene Oregon has a grip of the 361's left over. You need
to call for pricing

MS 361's are going for $519.99 w/20" here in Chi town.

That's a great price...

I picked up a 362 full wrap doube dawg kit 25" es bar two loops of chain one full skip and one comfort. File guide and file. Depth guage, eyes ears standard tools and a bunch of super two stroke mix and a gallon of bar oil for $670 otd. They had no 361's left but allseason In Eugene Oregon has a grip of the 361's left over. You need
to call for pricing

Just south of there (Roseburg) I can get the 361 with a 24" bar and two chains for $620...

So Dude , you picked up the 361 from Jazz3Ring ! I'am Happy
you were able to pick up the unit before you got outbid again lol . Great looking Saw and a Win , Win Situation for both Parties . I have already dropped Two Maples with my 361 and split and stacked most of the wood this past weekend. I was really impressed with the performance . Good luck with the New Saw !!

Latest posts

Back