Anyone else here that can't stand the US Postal Service?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did anybody else notice that USPS seemed to have completely abandoned their tracking system for the holidays. didn't matter whether you paid extra for tracking or not cause they didn't track anything. i bought a couple GB bars from left coast supplies last thursday and got them today at noon. insane how fast they arrived. must have moved on the weekend cause that is the fastest i ever received anything from CA through USPS.
The tracking was screwed up over the holidays, but like you noticed, stuff moves faster during that time. I notice it every year. Tracking only works if the package is scanned, guess they were overwhelmed this season? I never pay for tracking and always get a tracking number?

I've shipped countless saws. All over the USofA.

Tracking...Sucks.
Priority...Not always 2-3 days as paid for.
Prices...Cheapest to date with printing your own postage + insurance.
Issues with damage or lost package...Not an issue to date.
Tracking is better than it used to be.
Priority is not guarantied 2-3 days, just an estimate. Still faster & safer...
Prices... Yes cheaper to 'click & ship'.
"Issues with damage or lost package...Not an issue to date." Same here.

The tracking was screwed up over the holidays, but like you noticed, stuff moves faster during that time. I notice it every year. Tracking only works if the package is scanned, guess they were overwhelmed this season? I never pay for tracking and always get a tracking number?

Tracking works again since I ordered the package from left coast though. It was deadly slow through December. I'm still waiting on things ordered early December and they still can't be tracked. You get an item number with your package which always comes Whether you pay for tracking or not. Trust me, if you aren't pay for tracking those cheap bastards at USPS aren't giving it to you free LOL. It's weird cause Gregg and I were figuring shipping and for the exact same service from me to him was $30 but from him to me was $40. So USPS is charging 25% more for the same thing. Did I mention left coast is a great place to buy. I will be ordering from them again for sure.

Actually, I noticed on some packages I mailed in the last few days that they appear to be tracking everything. I had some small things that would have fit into the $6 Flat Rate boxes (with tracking and insurance). But with careful packing in some padded envelopes, I was able to mail them 'First Class Parcel' (or something like that - under 13 ounces) for $3 - $4 each and save a few bucks.

They placed a large label on each package with bar codes and a tracking number, which was printed on my receipt, so I asked about it. They said that it was for their tracking purposes - not something I could look up on line. So it was not of special value to me, but suggested that they may be trying to improve their overall tracking of parcels.

Philbert

Actually, I noticed on some packages I mailed in the last few days that they appear to be tracking everything. I had some small things that would have fit into the $6 Flat Rate boxes (with tracking and insurance). But with careful packing in some padded envelopes, I was able to mail them 'First Class Parcel' (or something like that - under 13 ounces) for $3 - $4 each and save a few bucks.

They placed a large label on each package with bar codes and a tracking number, which was printed on my receipt, so I asked about it. They said that it was for their tracking purposes - not something I could look up on line. So it was not of special value to me, but suggested that they may be trying to improve their overall tracking of parcels.

Philbert
Yep, they are tracking all packages now. I believe you can track on line, but not positive.

I use standard post and it does come with tracking included. View attachment 394328

of course, as long as your pay for a shipping method that comes with the tracking you will get it. you get it cause you pay for it LOL here in canada we have whats called small packet air. stupid name cause it doesn't get shipped by air even. it has optional tracking that you can pay for or not and whether tracking was paid for or not it will always have an item number is what i was getting at. don gets his tracking number and if he went with standard post he probably got tracking included but he did pay for it. all this you pay for tracking BS is what i was getting at about what pissed me off about USPS. during the holidays i had tons of packages coming in through the states. i paid for tracking on every single one and couldn't track any of them. so if i were to get reimbursed that extra money for not having tracking i would probably have $50 extra in my account right now. that's what pisses me off :mad: pay for something and then not get it.

I stopped any sales out of the U.S. a couple of years back, because there was no protection whatsoever for me as a seller. E-bay started an overseas program where they supposedly took on the risk of loss/damage, as well as figuring out the extra export duties and such. It may work, but I kept having trouble on all of the tiny details on
setting it up, and I was on the hook for any problems. I am now just U.S. only, and much happier.....The USPS through E-Bay now offers more tracking and shipping insurance domestically, but the USPS is still hard to deal with if one has a problem...

Tracking is now standard and delivery confirmation is now called tracking.

Make sense?

I wonder if you can ship a package of packing and use tracking to track a package sent to a frack well they're fracking, without the package, packaging or packing cracking.

Yeah at this point they suck....i ordered a bar on Tuesday and it was accepted at the PO and hasn't moved since, its supposed to be delivered today but tracking shows it hasn't left the PO yet[emoji35]

Yeah at this point they suck....i ordered a bar on Tuesday and it was accepted at the PO and hasn't moved since, its supposed to be delivered today but tracking shows it hasn't left the PO yet[emoji35]
Was it sent Priority?

Tracking only works if the employees actually scan the package.

I shipped three saw boxes on Tuesday. All were prepaid. One was parcel post via eBay, the other two were priority mail. Later that night when I went to track them, one said no tracking info was available, one said a label had been created at 8pm, one said it had been received and departed the post office. Whaaa?

If this hasn't already been said, the Post Office make way too much money for the job they do. I don't blame the employees for trying to make as much as possible, I blame the government for paying them that much. The problem is they have to cut expenses someplace else in the postal service when they overpay their employees and where they cut is in the service. If that wasn't enough the government is getting ready to give them more time off with pay which will result in higher cost and worse service.

Latest posts

Back