Anyone else here that can't stand the US Postal Service?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about you guys, but I have had expensive items go missing in usps. One time, I was shipping a $175 knife, and some worker at one of the processing plants must have decided it was worth risking his job to steal my knife, because all that showed up at my customer's door was an empty package with my business card in it. Why would they even deliver an opened package with nothing in it is beyond me...
It happens with the other two carriers also.
But no, I've never had it happen with usps since I started shipping 24 years ago.

So high population centers get Post Offices and the rest of the country no?

If you choose to live in an area that is remote and out of the way, that's on you, not everyone else.

I have a friend that lives 12 miles back in an area from the closest neighbor or town. He has to plan his trips to town, so that when he goes, he gets all that he needs for the next two weeks.

He checks / gets his mail no more often than once a week. He's been doing this for as long as he's lived there. I think that's been close to 20 yrs.

The post office I use serves a radius of 20-25ish miles. Wasilla has a post office, maybe 2, it's a good 15 mile drive from my house. Sutton has one, though it's got very odd hours, again 15-20 miles and in the other direction it's Chugiak/Peter's Creek, about 20-25ish miles or so.

I think the actual in town delivery a post man in a mail truck delivers, but for 95% of us it's a contractor on a HCR (highway carrier route) so they get to make us their own rules (like the no packages thing)

I believe the USPS employees are no different than most of society. Some Care about what they do, Most go with the flow. Some cause more issues than they are worth. How is this any different than any other large employer?

The USPS has a very strong union, and they are very protective of all the employees, even those that are criminals or aren't worth their weight in rocks.

Once hired, it's pretty tough to get fired.

what or who stuck something up 2123 butt if it wasn't for unions then im sure a lot of people would be working in factories like across the ocean where his clothes comes from just because they are somewhat cheaper and but in the long run when he buys 2 or 3 sets of clothing it costs him more I am a union man and proud of it and if don't like unions go to the sweat shops and work there unions are a voice of the working man not something to hide behind look at the history of the coal mines in the united states and what unions did to make it where your not enslaved to a company

It happens with the other two carriers also.
But no, I've never had it happen with usps since I started shipping 24 years ago.
And I've never had a problem with Fedex or UPS in 13 years of using them, minus a sometimes later than expected delivery, but with USPS, multiple missing items and more damaged goods for some reason. I trust all my local Post Office employees greatly, but not the middle men. And yes, I'm aware that this could happen in total reverse to someone else. I still use their services, I just insure items for full value now instead of relying on Priority's fifty dollar built in cushion. I was simply stating what has happened to me on numerous occasions, not bashing. I don't want the local post office to go under.

what or who stuck something up 2123 butt if it wasn't for unions then im sure a lot of people would be working in factories like across the ocean where his clothes comes from just because they are somewhat cheaper and but in the long run when he buys 2 or 3 sets of clothing it costs him more I am a union man and proud of it and if don't like unions go to the sweat shops and work there unions are a voice of the working man not something to hide behind look at the history of the coal mines in the united states and what unions did to make it where your not enslaved to a company

Oh here we go.........union BS.

Never been a union member in my life, nor did I ever have the need for one. Bunch of slack-jaws come to mind.

ok 2123 come to work with me and do the job we do and see how you feel in a week

ok 2123 come to work with me and do the job we do and see how you feel in a week

At one time, there was a place for unions. Times change, and so did the Model T.

They now tend to harbor corrupt individuals plying their illegal trades, activities, schemes and crafts.

As a former cop, I don't associate with those kind.

go get another donut and watch the traffic im done with you my sisters house got broke into a week or so ago and the state cop said even with serial numbers wouldn't ever se their guns back im sure it was druggies that did it and if the cops was doing their job there wouldn't be such a drug problem and then you have the politicians who want to legalize all drugs and you think things are gonna be better get another donut

go get another donut and watch the traffic im done with you my sisters house got broke into a week or so ago and the state cop said even with serial numbers wouldn't ever se their guns back im sure it was druggies that did it and if the cops was doing their job there wouldn't be such a drug problem and then you have the politicians who want to legalize all drugs and you think things are gonna be better get another donut

I pretty much have to assume that you never finished high school, and it's very obvious, that college wasn't in any of your plans.

Too bad. Both would have been a worth while accomplishment.

ok so politicians and cops are not corrupt? again you need to pull that thing out your butt

Did you miss all my posts about human beings and the fact that there's never been a perfect one on the face of this planet. Never has been......never will be.

Perfection and human co-existence simply cannot exist.

Back