Anyone ever cut in shorts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitzer

******** Timber Expert
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get maimed for this, but in the summer when its 70+ and when I know the brush won't be too thick, I'm wearing shorts when felling, limbing, and bucking. The steel toes like to fill up with chips, but the extra ventilation is welcome when its hot. I don't own a pair of chaps and after seeing Madsens (think it was) test with the ham in the jeans, just a pair of jeans makes little difference to a running saw anyway. So anyone else out there do it or similar saftey atrocities?

I've also run a saw for short periods of time in sandals, but that was on vacation, so no biggie right? :buttkick:

shorts/chaps

Yea I have worn shorts while cutting,but with chaps and steel toed boots too in 110 degree weather.:dizzy: When I finished I had to pour the sweat out of my boots and hang the chaps up to dry overnight. But that ice cold Shiner sure did taste d*m good!! I just don't think it is worth it not to wear them especially when working by yourself,50mi. from anywhere:cheers:

I can't work in shorts I feel naked.. plus what am I going to wipe my hands on??

Only time you would catch me in a pair of shorts is on a beach,,or bumming around home....I'd at least trow some chaps on....Man,,1 second of a screw up can change your life,,and your family's life if they depend on you....If you got jeans,,,chaps on and get too hot,,take more breaks...Protect them legs,,,,head,,eyes,,and what I forget alot,,ears!!! Sweedpro makes a summer pants,,maybe you should check them out.....

I cut one in my shorts all the time....it really pisses the wife off. She says "gross, don't do that!" I tell her I can't help it. And that it's not healthy to hold them back. She then says not to ever fart around her again. We've been there a 100 times. And probably will be another 100. :monkey:

People who wear shorts while running a saw would probably also go to WalMart wearing sweatpants. :laugh:

Seriously though, I don't see anything really wrong with it. Especially if your shorts, your mascara, your sandels, your sleeveless t shirt, your earrings, and your false nails are all color coordinated with your saw. And don't forget to hum the "LumberJack Song" from Monty Python while you're working.

I used to be like woodbooga, Never had a pair, but since I've gotten married seems I wear them quite a bit during the summer, Hmmm never gave that thought until I read WB post...LOL But no I can't think of a time that I have ever wore shorts while cutting wood, I don't like sawdust in my socks. And I hate flip flops or sandels, if I can't wear socks with them, than they aren't worth owning. I can't stand being bare footed:D

I used to be like woodbooga, Never had a pair, but since I've gotten married seems I wear them quite a bit during the summer, Hmmm never gave that thought until I read WB post...LOL But no I can't think of a time that I have ever wore shorts while cutting wood, I don't like sawdust in my socks. And I hate flip flops or sandels, if I can't wear socks with them, than they aren't worth owning. I can't stand being bare footed:D

Frank...You gotta come to KY,,then your be barefooted all the time...LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back