Anyone ever heard of an 061 Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I thought it must have been that, but like I said he was insistent that it was an 061. And as he has had it listed probably 5-6 times in the last year he must have had a good look at it.. I thought it may have been a weird european only saw or old enough that there aren't many left.

Looks like it is being listed again (North Bend, OR). The legendary Stihl oh sixty one... :monkey:

I did a search here looking for what model that was. Never seen one, or heard of one. North Bend it too freaking far to go look at it.

Never heard of an 061 but did see a reference to one on the web. The guy I first worked for doing tree work had an old Stihl 081 project saw that mas made sometime in the 60's. It was a huge behemoth that you had to use the decompression valve to even attempt to start. It had mad compression. The old guy who he traded out tree work for it said it originally came with a bow saw. Maybe there was a smaller cousin to the 081.

i dont want to argue either...

but i'm pretty sure you are mistaken, and your two links are mis-prints... :)

lets agree to disagree:cheers:

We can certainly agree to do that.

My curiosity is piqued though. I think I will call on the 081 the guy has for sale and see if in fact it is an 081 or a misprint. After all it was early 90's when I saw the saw in question. I do remember being told that it was a rare saw that originally came with a bow saw on it and was used for a specific application, though I don't remember what that was. If I remember correctly it had to be modified to accept a regular bar. Wasn't my saw though so my memory is not 100% on the saw.

Last edited:
my thoughts exactly ST...

and the ebay link is for a 009/010/011 sprocket...

and the other link.. who knows

Never heard of an 061 but did see a reference to one on the web. The guy I first worked for doing tree work had an old Stihl 081 project saw that mas made sometime in the 60's. It was a huge behemoth that you had to use the decompression valve to even attempt to start. It had mad compression. The old guy who he traded out tree work for it said it originally came with a bow saw. Maybe there was a smaller cousin to the 081.

We can certainly agree to do that.

My curiosity is piqued though. I think I will call on the 081 the guy has for sale and see if in fact it is an 081 or a misprint. After all it was early 90's when I saw the saw in question. I do remember being told that it was a rare saw that originally came with a bow saw on it and was used for a specific application, though I don't remember what that was. If I remember correctly it had to be modified to accept a regular bar. Wasn't my saw though so my memory is not 100% on the saw.
how the hell is any member of this site even thinking about giving this a second thought... unless it was an april fools, and it's a couple of days early then. There never was an 061 or 081 - fact! Any references are misprints/typos or misreading a damaged name plate. Just like an 027 or 085

Latest posts

Back