anyone have any luck buy a chainsaw at auction.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncsawguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
there is a local auction this weekend. that has a 260,ms362,046, all with case look vert clean. thought about going. thank for your opinions.auction saws.jpg

I have seen a lot of Stihls go sky high, but have seen some deals as well. I have had a lucky pick here and there. Work prohibits me from going to most farm sales anymore, sure do enjoy going to a good auction.

auctions is where the best deals are up here. Still kicking myself for missing a great deal last summer. Checked the auction the day before, low and behold, 3 BIG rubbermaid tubs loaded with good used and some new husky parts from a local sawmill. well long storey short, i got there 1/2 hour after auction start time next morning, GONE! first thing they sold. AAARRGGHHH! found the guy the bought them, he paid something like $25 a box. He didnt even answer me when i asked him he wanted to sell them for alot more money to me.:cry::cry:

Stihls at auctions here sell for almost new prices. Most are abused 029/290's that have been beat like a Grand Canyon mule. They also could be 180's or 250's in similar condition. Same goes for pawn shops around here. And people pay for them.

Stihls at auctions here sell for almost new prices. Most are abused 029/290's that have been beat like a Grand Canyon mule. They also could be 180's or 250's in similar condition. Same goes for pawn shops around here. And people pay for them.
Same here. Deals can be had on lesser name saws.....

The last stihl I bought at a auction was a almost new 046 with original 25'' bar. This was about a year and a half ago. There was a guy that was checking it out pretty hard and after about ten minutes of him checking it out I asked him if he liked my new saw lol. He looked at me like I was an idiot. Turned out he was the idiot because he stopped bidding at $275.00 and I bought it for $300.00 and used it for a while then sold it for $650.00.

Good thing the auction is not close to me or I'd be there.

Latest posts

Back