Anyone in need of a monster splitter...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Check out this CL listing:
I own Fabrication Specialties and have built many shapes, sizes and colors of units. This machine is big, fast and efficient. Built in 2000. I have split about 75 cords for my house, I do not sell wood. It has a 16 hp cast iron Kohler engine (new) and a 2 stage pump. It has an auto return spool assembly for main hydraulic cylinder. It has a log lift for super big wood (3" cylinder) lift cap 3000+ pounds. Main cylinder is 6" and is set up for 24" logs.

A 4-way splitting wedge to add to the speed of splitting. It has a hydraulic rear outrigger for stability. Tires are 7-14.5, 8 ply. New battery, 5-1/2 gal fuel tank and a 35 gal hyd. tank so you will never overheat. As the pictures show, everything is heavy duty. This unit is designed to split thousands of cords of wood. The weight is 2900 lbs and has electric brakes on axle. Very little hydraulic hose on unit because of heavy Sch 80 pipe to cut down on repairs. This unit is at or above the Timberwolf model for almost 1/2 the price. This is an honest 42 ton cap. I am moving south and won't need it. Price $5000 or best offer; Serious inquiries only! (330) 274-2917

Check out the pics at the original link: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/1621214863.html

Looks impressive...!:jawdrop:

I do believe the gentleman fabricated the front end of a garden tractor sans wheels and axle into a key start power source. Pretty neat.I also do not think 5K worth of neat,but maybe to someone out there it is.

Looks like it won't split very long pieces. Maybe 20" max length?

very nice but Im too cheap to spend 5k to split my wood.I gave 300.00 bucks for my splitter and havent found a block of wood it couldnt split.heck for 5 grand I might as well buy natural gas:greenchainsaw:

I think 5k is a little steep too for a used splitter that was home built, but consider the components. A brand new 16hp K-series kohler is BIG$$. But will literally last forever. I would imagine that a top of the line pump was used too. Im sure this guy has a lot of money into this thing but it wouldnt be worth 5k to me.

How far south do you plan on moving ?? If your stoping off in the Carolinas your going to need it. It is a very impresive splitter though. :greenchainsaw:

From the looks of it, you would be running the splitter head towards the control levers/yourself when you are splitting! Not a big fan of that.

Haha, the seller is about a mile and a half through the woods from me. This guy selling the splitter and the rest of his family are top notch at fabrication. They do very nice work and are really creative

I used to work with his nephew at a local tree company, he has since moved on to being the head maintenance guy at a very large landscaping firm. He does a really good job at building homemade splitters. He has built 5 this winter and commands good money. He just loves modifying and building stuff. I know he just finished up a ported 066 too with custom paint. One of the best mechanics around and he does it all with one hand.:dizzy:

It's a sure a interesting splitter, I like to see some close up:camera: pics.

How far south do you plan on moving ?? If your stoping off in the Carolinas your going to need it. It is a very impresive splitter though. :greenchainsaw:

To get to Davidson County, he'd have to drive by me in Forsyth...

I could use it as a base to build what I want.

Back