arborists training for beginner?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbillyjake

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i noticed the arbormaster post below and have a few questions. can a person who does not work for a tree service go to these classes? the arbormaster web site knida leads me to believe that you need to work for a company to go. maybe i'm reading it wrong. also, where would be a good place to get some hands on training?

i'm not meaning go to a weekend class and then be a book taught arborist. but i would like to get started with good solid basics. welcome to all suggestions. thanks in advance.

hiya hbj you can try working for a company that will train you if they wont you can still learn some things by paying attention.

thanks for the reply. i was kinda looking for some training to start out as a side job while i'm laid off (construction), and then maybe develop into more down the road. it would be kinda hard for me to go to work for a tree service then get called back to work. that's why i was looking for some training instead of going to work for another company.

is there any type of certification that is needed to be an arborist in west virginia? i did some searching and could not really find anything.

what i would really like to do is start very slow and learn as much as possible so this could develop into something more down the road. jsut wan to take the proper steps and get a ll the proper information. thanks again.

Back