Are you loyal to one saw brand.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just partial to saws that don't cost me much. I suspect I have examples from a couple of dozen different brands, I probably own 50 or 60 Poulans. Surprisingly, I have abut 25 Stihls, didn't buy my first one until a couple of years ago.

Husky or Stihl for me. I've ran various models of both. I tend to go toward Husky for bigger saws and Stihl for smaller ones. No homeowner saws for me. If it doesn't have a mag case I don't care. I run a 260 pro and a 372 XPW factoy BB, and just recently acquired a 288XP project.

Dolmar doesn't have a presence around here but Husky and Stihl have unlimited support. Madsen's is only a 45 min drive for me. :wink2: If I could acquire a Dolmar to play with I would but they just aren't there. Although I did find a local small engine repair shop carries Dolmar so I will be checking it out.

Oh and I checked out a 261 today and it felt a little bulkier than my 260 Pro. Plus didn't care for the combo switch on it. Just didn't feel like it fit as well as my 260.

I hate flippy caps. They're okay when they work but a PITA to keep the crud out of tanks because of the irregular recesses. Oh and I love Husky's separate ign switch and choke lever. Simpler to work on.

Like someone said. Even Husky and Stihl make turds too.

Grew up with Homelite and Stihl, but I now prefer Husqvarna. They just seem to suit me better. I am definitely not opposed to Stihl or any other brand if I find a good deal won a good saw. I use a ms361 at work and enjoy it and had a chance to run a 261 the other day and was impressed by the power and handling. I also own a stihl trimmer and blower. The biggest issue for me currently is the local dealer situation.

Nope. I try to pick the tool with the best value and reliability. The last two just happened to be Huskys but if I found the right deal on XYZ saw that was quality I'd buy it. I will say having similar saws makes maintenance and working them/working on them easier. I think I've caught a bit of the bug though and will be seeing more brands in my stable.

Back