Are you ready for the COLD weather coming?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i'll be ok.

i have a Fisher in the garage and a Pacific Energy Summit insert in the house.

Below Zero

These are the temps where all of our hard work really pays off. There are oil and propane trucks are all over the place now, they are working over 12 hr days. I just look at my wood piles and smile. I won't be looking for 12-14 hr burn times either. I plan on refilling the "dog" around 10 or 11 PM before bed, then stoking about 6:30AM before the 1st floor calls for heat :chainsaw:

Last edited:
setting the alarm clock

cant git an all night burn here.Gonna git colder here too.Setting 10 yr.records.I would rather get up at 2;30 a.m. and chucker full,than to here that propane burner get to making heat/Makes no sence having all this wood,and burning propane.......no,,,,,just pisses me off,and hurts my feelings!

Got a cold front moving in from Upper New York state tonight and temps are supposed to go down to zero with a potential wind chill factor tomorrow near 30 degrees below, ouch. More snow and high winds coming in with the front as well. Sounds like a good day to stay out of the woods to me. be careful out there.

Maplemeister: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Mmmmmmm... Chilly...

Made me put on a sweatshirt instead of my normal tshirt this time of year when I was working outside today in the woods :laugh:

Hooray single digits!

I got me a entire 3/4 ton truck load of WELL seasoned logs tonight and I will be nice and toasty warm inside with my two stoves a burnin while it's 19 outside :biggrinbounce2:

It is nasty out here today. All the schools closed and lots of blowing and drifting snow. I threw in 3 more logs this morning just to be safe till I come home from work. Hope it makes it. I am still learning this beast.

My OWB was at 179 when I got home from work at 5:30. There was not much left but hot coals. I loaded 20 pieces in with about 6-7 8" x 24". The rest were around 3" pieces X24. We shall see how long that lasts.

Last edited:
Double Post.:confused:

Well, It is H E A R right now....it is 3 degrees and it it about 8:15 we are expecting -10 tonight.....I have the ol'furnace cranked up...we are warm. and it is a good test for my new furnace...it has not seen temps this low...I am sure she will make the trip....Stay Warm All !!..DW :popcorn:

My OWB was at 179 when I got home from work at 5:30. There was not much left but hot coals. I loaded 20 pieces in with about 6-7 8" x 24". The rest were around 3" pieces X24. We shall see how long that lasts.

I plan on seeing how mine goes too! I had some wood left after a 13 hour burn time, I loaded it up at 6 p.m. I will check it at ten p.m. I am not really burning to much more, this should be a good test!

This will be a good test,it will be the coldest temps I've seen( I think :dizzy: )since we've had the owb...I have to get 13 hours out of it,cause thats how long I'll be away tomorrow...

It sort of fizzled here 11:20 PM and it is a steady 36° right nowover night low expected to be 30°. Was 9° this morning. Tomorrow though is when we expect the bottom to fall out in Southern Ks.

Good Luck to you guys up there. But then , it is more than luck that keeps you going in the North when Winter sets in hard.

:cheers:

i'm going into the woods.

Got a cold front moving in from Upper New York state tonight and temps are supposed to go down to zero with a potential wind chill factor tomorrow near 30 degrees below, ouch. More snow and high winds coming in with the front as well. Sounds like a good day to stay out of the woods to me. be careful out there.

Maplemeister: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

at least i know it won't be crowded.

Latest posts

Back