Asian Longhorn beetle stronger in MA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it doesnt have the spots it probably not ALB. Theyre are a number of native longhorned beetles that look similar to ALB. The UVM site list a number of "look-a-likes". I think the most common is the Pine sawyer, it has one small white dot at the top of the abdomen.

Definately look into it though.

The UVM site list a number of "look-a-likes". I think the most common is the Pine sawyer, it has one small white dot at the top of the abdomen.

Definately look into it though.

you talking about this guy?

he leaves perfectly round exit holes in the wood too.

ive been noticing the holes in alot of the dead pine we get.

Just doin' it, bro. You know......twins, work, work, twins. One of these days you're gonna have to come to a MAA dinner meeting so we can catch up!

you talking about this guy?

he leaves perfectly round exit holes in the wood too.

ive been noticing the holes in alot of the dead pine we get.

Looks like you needed to do a quick ID on that white spotted sawyer too :laugh:

I captured one last year on a job, dead pines too

This is not good:

BOSTON — The Asian longhorned beetle, which has ravaged thousands of trees in Worcester since its discovery in Central Massachusetts two years ago, has been found on the grounds of Faulkner Hospital in Boston, according to the state Department of Conservation and Recreation.

The hospital is across the street from Arnold Arboretum, the oldest public arboretum in North America and one of the world's leading centers for the study of plants, according to its website.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20100706/NEWS/100709872/1116

Latest posts

Back