Assembling the NOS 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely gorgeous!

attachment.php

I've called any contacts I'm aware of that may have a used 3/4-wrap handle. Nothing. So I called the dealer this morning. A new one will cost me $110. A 1/2-wrap, only $60. What would you do? Which handle looks most appropriate on the saw?

The 3/4! If not you'll never be able to bring it out west! Sel the full wrap handlebar bar.

The 3/4! If not you'll never be able to bring it out west! Sel the full wrap handlebar bar.
The Lakester speaks the truth,,, when I did the Rivers Great PNW Chainsaw adventure thread,,,, I made the mistake of taking a halfwrapped 066 with me,,, well after being laughed off of the planet,,, BTW I had a 3/4 before I left but,,,,,, the chainbrake handle ended up having to be changed to the one for wrap handles as well because the half wrap chainbrake is shaped different to allow for the shape and height of the top handle on the wrap being different :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :clap: :clap:

If he keeps pulling it Rob won't need the sock. :eek: :blush: :smoking:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Putting a 3/4 or a full wrap on a Stihl is like stuffing a sock in your pants. :)

That's OK. This saw was built to look good. But it will back up it's good looks. Don't you worry:buttkick:

Just tell him what you really mean Brad......

BRING IT!!!!!

Oh... no, wait space doesn't acually use his saw's I forgot.:buttkick:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

I'll take that full wrap off your hands if you want to sell it. I wouldn't mind grinding my clutch cover a bit. I do enough felling on hills that I could use it. I also have a 1/2 wrap you could have + cash, not new but good shape and painted or I can just pay you whatever you need. Either way that is a real nice lookin saw.

Hoss, I appreciate the offer, but I decided I wanted it bad enough to grind on my new bar cover. Nothing a rotary file can't easily take care of. This magnesium is like butter under a hot knife. It's not factory, but it could be. It's setup just like my 045S. I've yet to touch up the handle, from working around it fitting the cover.
251006160-M.jpg

251006223-M.jpg

251006165-M.jpg

Latest posts

Back