ATV Recommendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently in the market for a 4x4 as well. It's time to sell the toys and buy a work horse. I've got a Raptor and a Ski Doo Rev I want to fund my new 'toy' with. Been looking around, was set on the Foreman 500 (non rubicon). Heard a lot about Honda's lack of power. Some say as much as 100cc difference to comparable quads. Since I'm dumping the Raptor, I want something fun for trails n stuff as well. So I've been thinking of a Kawasaki Brute Force.

How many of you are using an IRS quad? Any problems with pulling/hauling? People on the ATV forum were pretty opinionated with SRA vs IRS with about 60% saying IRS being fine for work. I'm leaning towards IRS now since it will be a trail quad too.

if your use to sport machines you probably want to look at the BF 650 4X4 (not i). the sra is better for slideing around tight trails and it feels a little lower center of gravity. plus the towed trailer is not loaded on the springs. best thing to do is to go sit on it, find someplace you can drive it. the 650 is plenty fast for a 4X4. when i bought my prarie in 03 im pretty sure it was the fastest 4X4 sold. now not so much but thats a different story.

How many of you are using an IRS quad? Any problems with pulling/hauling? People on the ATV forum were pretty opinionated with SRA vs IRS with about 60% saying IRS being fine for work. I'm leaning towards IRS now since it will be a trail quad too.
We've owned a few Sportsmans and IRS isnt an issue. If the ground is uneven, IRS is nice because it keeps all 4 tires on the ground.

Perhaps that's the case my friend - - but remember my machines are 19 years old - an age a Polaris could only dream about ever attaining . And by the way the Honda 300's are only 288cc - - - I doubt the sub 300cc Polaris could barely move itself, let alone a trailer loaded with a half cord of oak, and do it faithfully for 19 years.
Just another point - The Polaris ATVs I've ridden are Top Heavy poor handling POS! - - - But I'll say they are fast! And I agree, to each his own.

Al :clap:
We've got a couple '94 Polaris 400L 4x4s that would work circles around any Honda and havent given us a moment of trouble along the way.
As far as Polaris quads being top heavy, poor handing POS, any time you wanna come to Wisconsin and do some trail riding, just send me a PM. Dont worry, I'll stop every now and then so that you and your little Honda can catch up. :)
Like I said, to each their own but its been my experience that Honda ATVs are a joke. No power, no suspension; nothing to brag about. My Craftsman lawn tractor puts out more power than most of Honda's ATV motors do.

We've got a couple '94 Polaris 400L 4x4s that would work circles around any Honda and havent given us a moment of trouble along the way.
As far as Polaris quads being top heavy, poor handing POS, any time you wanna come to Wisconsin and do some trail riding, just send me a PM. Dont worry, I'll stop every now and then so that you and your little Honda can catch up. :)
Like I said, to each their own but its been my experience that Honda ATVs are a joke. No power, no suspension; nothing to brag about. My Craftsman lawn tractor puts out more power than most of Honda's ATV motors do.

Ahem,I think he is already there?:monkey:

Back