Australian Chainsaw Racing Finals.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arbonaut

Go Climb It
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Tmgg8xoshA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmgg8xoshA0&list=UU2N-wO248QATJramMEoPwHA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

This guy e-mailed me a couple of times. I love this kind of chainsaw racing. It also makes a useful product. (fence posts). Thought I'd share it with ya'll.

So sad I missed that, the races were just down the road from me :(

I think what they do is outstanding. When I got the e-mail from the kid who competes in that, he told me about how many posts they make in a competition. It was unreal. Some farmer brings them the logs and they have the race, it is high quality wood and posts. Then the farmer comes and gets his posts. They do all kind of racing. Listen to those 088's man and the Big Husky's. This is real worthwhile sport. I was blowed away with all the technique involved, too.

Not trying to rain on your parade but that was very boring. I'm not a milling guy and that's what it reminded me of.:msp_smile:

shouldnt you be trying to organise that Stihl tech info and new owners manuals that state running in at idle for a full tank....

some of these post rip/racing guys are members here :rock:

I think what they do is outstanding. When I got the e-mail from the kid who competes in that, he told me about how many posts they make in a competition. It was unreal. Some farmer brings them the logs and they have the race, it is high quality wood and posts. Then the farmer comes and gets his posts. They do all kind of racing. Listen to those 088's man and the Big Husky's. This is real worthwhile sport. I was blowed away with all the technique involved, too.

Yeah I enjoy it because those guys do it for a living and take pride in their work. It might look boring to some, but there is a lot of skill involved.

+1

That was cool as HE!! I have never seen anything like that before.

Those guys were HUSTLING!!! Skill and endurance...WOW!:rock:

Plus listening to those saws just beller was really cool....

everyone uses T posts around here so it was interesting to see, i had read one of the aussies mention making fence posts but had no visual to match it to.

This kid's Parents live in Conneticut or thereabouts in the Northeast. He was visiting them and dropping some dead trees makin' videos. You can just tell when a guy knows what he's doin' and this guy was goin' to town. Then I saw this. I'd like to get my grubby paws on a couple of those 088's.

Who thinks these post ripper racers would take off and leave Johnny Utah at the curb? I run chainsaws all the time and work hard. Doin' this sport is a lot more work than cutting firewood in the midwest.

heck, useable product is a great bonus to racin - treemonkey is still burning cookies from his GTG a month ago-

my arms fell off just watching it - right after he pounded the wedges flush and started in with the lever...

:rock: :rock: :rock:

You could lay money on them fence posts being around along time,some solid timber there.

Here are the posts after being planted back into the ground :msp_thumbsup:
View attachment 233528
attachment.php

The video in this thread is mine, thanks for posting it, I didn't make the final that day, but did well in the speeds.Most of the shows we cut at sell the posts off to help cover costs and to help for the next year.These posts can last 20-30yrs, and heard of some lasting 70+ yrs.

Cheers
Will

Latest posts

Back