Auto-tunes in the shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What can you tell me about this 550xp cold starting issue? That is the only issue I have had with mine? Is there any recommendations here? It's hasn't been that bad, only that a quick blip it wants to stall, after letting it warm up for a minute or so, it is good to go, seems a bit rich as I see a bit of smoke on start.. really would love to have the diag tool so I could see what it has to show think I will ask my dealer if he got one yet.

I don't see that as an issue at all. So it has to warm up for a few seconds. The 346 is no different. After it warms up for a few seconds, throttle response is perfect.

Quite awhile, since the end of August, but I've spken to my dealer every week getting updates on their progress. I was also lucky that i got alot of my firewood cut, split , and stacked this summer before i put them in the shop, I'm also fortunate enough to own a Stihl 261 and a husky 346xp to get me through. I was informed that they were waiting on parts and finally he persuaded them to issue me a brand new saw. I'll find out more tomorrow morning, and I'll keep you guys posted.

Wow you is a patient man. Are you getting both saws replaced or just one?

Good news...But you're a very patient man!

I'd have been raising hell after a week, or so.

I am a very patient man, plus I live in the country(rural VA) where everything's a little slow:D. When I did put the saws in the shop I printed out and showed them the service bulletins that were posted on this site about the 562xp(mine is an early edition 2011 saw), and asked if I had any future problems with when my saw was out of warranty would they repair under warranty. My dealer stated they would, but they decided to go ahead and replace all parts pertaining to the service bulletins while they were repairing the saw for the hot/warm start issue. According to my dealer, my delay has been waiting on these parts, in particular the upgraded fuel line which wasn't going to be in stock till the end of November. So my dealer talked Husky into just replacing the saw with an updated model since I've been waiting so long. Several factors also have made helped me be patient so far: 1) I'm not a professional and don't need the use of a saw to make my living(although I heat the house with wood and I'm starting to get into the firewood business this year on a small scale), 2) I cut alot of wood this summer and was pretty stocked up from last year, and 3) I have a Stihl 261 and Husky 346xp to help me "make do", lol! I also made my dealer aware that I wanted my saws fixed right the first time and if that meant it should take a little longer then so be it(although to be honest I didn't think it would be this long); but hey at least I'm getting a new saw out of it, just trying to stay positive.

Just the 562xp, so far.

Well thats a good deal although I gotta tell ya its baffling they would replace a saw over a starting issue. We only replace a entire saw when the repair is more than the saw is worth, which is very rare. A 562xp is around 700.00 isn't it, can't beleive it would cost more than that to repair it. You did good man, cheers!!!

Just so ya know. I've had a 562 since last February and it been perfect. No starting issues at all.

Same as Sunfish, I have a 2011 model and no issues to speak of. Early on it took a few pulls to start but is now a one pull starter, even when warm.

Just so ya know. I've had a 562 since last February and it been perfect. No starting issues at all.

I love my 562xp and I think mine was just an exception, not the rule. I thought it over long and hard before I even put my saws in the shop, my issues might have even went away eventually, but when I spend my hard earned money on a new piece of equipment I expect it to run like its supposed too. Plus it's under warranty, so it was a no brainer for me. It is very encouraging to hear of all you guys with no issues at all with your 562's.

Hustihler,
I am guessing your dealer is over in Moneta on 122 ;) I have always liked those folks- treated me well on a couple of service issues.

V.I.C.E. in Roanoke has the diagnostics tools and did me right on the one service call I have had with them(non autotune related). I know a few of the local tree companies love them.

Bill

Hustihler,
I am guessing your dealer is over in Moneta on 122 ;) I have always liked those folks- treated me well on a couple of service issues.

V.I.C.E. in Roanoke has the diagnostics tools and did me right on the one service call I have had with them(non autotune related). I know a few of the local tree companies love them.

Bill

How are you Bill? That was a good guess on the dealer, but it wasn't in Moneta. I actually drive to a Husky/Stihl dealer all the way in Appomattox, VA, they've been good to me and have a great selection of saws and good prices.

No one has thrown dirt in my face yet so I feel pretty good! LOL!

Appomattox is a little drive! I used to pass through there frequently on my way to Crewe- Dad was from there and siblings still had a farm with 2 fishing ponds on it. Lots of time spent camping and fishing there.

I was always impressed by Moneta Farm and Tractor- nice folks and pretty good selection. They sold both Stihl and Husky and did not bad mouth any of them.

Bill

Glad to see that you made out well.

261520d1352464176-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352464173-128008-jpg

261521d1352464229-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352464225-422098-jpg

261522d1352464260-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352464257-257819-jpg

You are correct Joe Kidd. I just made them so we could all see them without having to click on the links. They are from your links.

The last TSB on the clutch drum is a little confusing?? Should the needle bearing be replaced? I see no serialization. I must be missing something. Looks like my 562 was made Dec of 2011.

Back