Back from Mr. Hall's, MS181, MS211, MS441 tests.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that is a true test of a saw's power there. I might have got the best runner out of all the 211s made but if they all run like mine, it will be a big hit.

My connection is so slow its taking forever to load your vid. That saw cut dayummm good the day I fire it up and tried it before you got to the shop. That thing has alot of pulling power as I call it in the wood, it doesn't just wind up it pulls through the wood real nice, good power band,:cheers::cheers:

My connection is so slow its taking forever to load your vid. That saw cut dayummm good the day I fire it up and tried it before you got to the shop. That thing has alot of pulling power as I call it in the wood, it doesn't just wind up it pulls through the wood real nice, good power band,:cheers::cheers:

It runs even better now, guess the rings have seated.:D

I'm telling ya that guys are missing out by snubbing this thing because it's a strato charged. I have one for work as you all know and bought my dad a new one, as he is getting old and just limbs and finally got that echo 370 out of his hands. Wait till you get another ten tanks in it you will see it just come to life all the sudden. The one thing I noticed 441 included is the torque these new motors generate as well as the rpm's. My 441 and 211 are turning around 14'500 and are running plenty rich, well above the factory specs. The one gripe most guys will have when they are new is they are about as cold blooded as I have ever seen, you literally have to let them set and warm up for at least a couple minutes before you even think of throttling them up but that all goes away when good and broke in. I'm gonna make a video tomorrow on just how much faster the 441 is over the 372. All things being equal. And no MS, my 211's run just as good as yours. Thats the one thing my dealer commented on with the new engines is consistency throughout.

I also wanted to add on the stihl stats vs husky which I can't comment on all of them simply because I only had a 575 which I honestly had no problems with. Stihl really has it right on their new motors. My 575 had plenty of torque but was nowhere as peppy as the 441. I would like to run the 576 and am intrigued by the 435 which seems like a good matchup to the 211. I checked the 435 and the price was decent, $225 at the dealer. As much as we limb I may have to pick one up just to see how it compares.

211 / 435 comparison?

HI Mr 2000,

I had wanted the 211 but the local dealer here refused to stock them till they sell off all the 210 and old stock. They said they could order one (a few weeks) but I needed one in a jiffy for dropping a 12 inch oak. I ended up going with the Husqy 435 because it seemed like a close match with what was offered though still would have preffered the Stihl. Any chance you have compared these two models yet? I am curious to know if 37cc with 2.1hp or 35cc with 2.3hp makes a noticable difference.

One of the pluses about the Husqy is I can readily get some parts on Sundays and after hours of the local dealer. This is my first saw but wanted something between ocasional use and medium if it is my only saw and wanted under $300.

There are several of us, mostly Dealers, who have been saying just this about the 441 for sometime now.

Most of the nay sayers, are those who want to modify. Which will happen, and has been proven can happen. The difference, a simple muffler mod doesn't do it.

It's a great saw, I've got companies that only ran 044's, that have switched over to the 441...one bought 7 the day after I loaned them one for an hour. If the rest of the new saw line up mirrors what they did with that saw, the majority (vast) will be very happy customers.

As far as I know this forum has been pretty nice to the 441.

The few negative comments have been about;

1) weight

2) easy mods not possible

3) looks.

Number 1) and 2) are facts, number 3) is subjective.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back