Back in Michigan.... but frustrated!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the site Todd. Rep sent new feller. Husky or Stihl great choice, models you mentioned all good.

When I was growing up my brothers and I worked for a variety of tree services, neighbors, and friends cutting down trees. In doing so I acquired the hand-me-down equipment of co-workers, friends, and family. When I moved the New York I was forced to part with all of it because I was moving into a 144 sq. ft. apartment. It's five years later and I have returned to Michigan and bought a house. And of course - I need to take down some trees! (BIG trees!) But unlike before, I have the budget to buy new and get the kind of equipment I once lusted for when I was 18. But, here's where the trouble starts. I am in the Mount Clemens area and I am having trouble finding a knowledgeable, well-stocked dealer. The first Stihl dealer I went to didn't have anything better than the Farm Boss series stuff. The next place I thought for sure was going to pan out with a huge showroom and what looked to be a seasoned veteran dealer. He asked me if I needed help, so I spilled my guts on all the models (of which he only had the 460) and asked him what he thought. He answered "Chainsaws aren't really my thing" I said "ok, thanks" and he walked away. I am looking to actually hold the models I'm interested in MS362, MS441, MS460, and the 562XP. Anybody know of good dealers for Stihl and Husky in my area?

Thanks,
Todd
I would highly recommend:
McKay's Do-It Center in Holly, MI
15146 North Holly Road
Holly, MI 48442

Really good Jonsered dealer, and has big-dogs like the 2165, and 2188 in stock.
Stocks a lot of the Tsumura bars, up to 36" in length.
Good service department too.
Open weekends also.
Ask for Ken.

Back