Back support belt?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miller1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a bad back and always in pain after cutting and splitting, does anybody here know of a good support belt to help with back problems. Im sure it is a common problem with guys that do this alot and i didnt find anything by searching.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I've been told and tend to agree that back support belts do not work. They give you comfort of mind but don't provide you any protection. They give a lot of people "superman" syndrome. "Since I have this belt on, I can lift anything." which results in injury to your back.

I've been told and tend to agree that back support belts do not work. They give you comfort of mind but don't provide you any protection. They give a lot of people "superman" syndrome. "Since I have this belt on, I can lift anything." which results in injury to your back.

I've read that too but I still wear one & believe it helps. It "feels" like it helps. I dont follow the "I can lift anything" rule because I already know better. I use the one from Harbor Freight:

Back Support Reflector Belt - Harbor Freight Tools

The reflectors make me look professional, lol!

Nonreflector belts:

Back Belt - Harbor Freight Tools

I've read that too but I still wear one & believe it helps. It "feels" like it helps. I dont follow the "I can lift anything" rule because I already know better. I use the one from Harbor Freight:

Back Support Reflector Belt - Harbor Freight Tools

The reflectors make me look professional, lol!

Nonreflector belts:

Back Belt - Harbor Freight Tools

Imo it depends on what level of back pain one has: Sprained backs or muscle pulls/tears;
herniated/bulging discs or in my case spinal stenosis. After over 20 years of back pain
the best I can do for myself is to think first about a given movement & of course bend or pick up things correctly. Bending at the waist is a no-no. It's better to use the legs while having the hips & shoulder axis in alignment.

I have bad spasms and it feels like a pinched nerve but the doc says nothing is bulged so I just deal with it, I thought maybe a belt would help. I could cut like a mad man all day if it wasn't for that.

I have bad spasms and it feels like a pinched nerve but the doc says nothing is bulged so I just deal with it, I thought maybe a belt would help. I could cut like a mad man all day if it wasn't for that.

I had this for years until I upgraded to spinal stenosis :msp_angry:

Massage therapy may help to relieve the tissue surrounding the nerve and lossen the scar tissue. Physical therapy can help strengthen muscles & flexibility. They will also measure
your leg lengths & observe your gait to determine if there is a spinal imbalance which can cause
back pain.

I'd be careful as U may hurt yourself in an attempt to help yourself.

Miller, you may think I'm nuts, (Doesn't everyone?) but the very best thing you can do, assuming you are otherwise healthy, is work out and strengthen your stomach muscles. These muscles serve as guy wires to your spine. make your guts hard and your back wont hurt. You get the hillbilly stamp guarantee on that.

Google "Williams exercises"

or
Williams Exercises For The Spine | LIVESTRONG.COM

Thanks for the info guys, i am healthy and in good shape so i will check out the williams exercises , back problems suck.:mad:

Latest posts

Back