Bar and Chain for Homelite C-51

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr900

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just got my old Homelite C-51 back running after it had been sitting on the shelf for the last 10 years. They just don't build saws like that anymore. I dumped out the old gas, and replaced it with fresh mix and about 5 pulls and she fired right up. Now its one pull and she is running. The torque that saw has is amazing.

My question is about the bar and chain that is currently on the saw. The bar is an Oregon with the following numbers:

2563W0971UB
The bar measures about 27 inches to the center between the bar nuts.

The chain is also an Oregon and has the number 25 on the raker and the number 52 on the driver.

I am wondering if by the bar numbers it will tell me how many drive links the saw takes. and if it is 404 chain which I know it is and what gage the drivers are.

The Oregon website doesn't have a bar available for a C-series saw and was wondering if anyone still makes one?

If you go to Mike Acre's site and look up the C-52 and the Super XL, you can see that the bar mount patterns are very similiar. My guess is you could make one of the D096 or D196 Oregon bars work. If you have one laying around, give it a shot. Probably the worst case scenario would be re-drilling an oiler hole, but I bet you wouldn't even need to do that. The first link below is the C-52 Bar mount and the second is the Super XL. The last link is his info on the C-52.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/BMP/16?OpenDocument

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/BMP/14?OpenDocument

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...aed3c7c95afa47ab88256c2600182999?OpenDocument

I just got my old Homelite C-51 back running after it had been sitting on the shelf for the last 10 years. They just don't build saws like that anymore. I dumped out the old gas, and replaced it with fresh mix and about 5 pulls and she fired right up. Now its one pull and she is running. The torque that saw has is amazing.

My question is about the bar and chain that is currently on the saw. The bar is an Oregon with the following numbers:

2563W0971UB
The bar measures about 27 inches to the center between the bar nuts.

The chain is also an Oregon and has the number 25 on the raker and the number 52 on the driver.

I am wondering if by the bar numbers it will tell me how many drive links the saw takes. and if it is 404 chain which I know it is and what gage the drivers are.

The Oregon website doesn't have a bar available for a C-series saw and was wondering if anyone still makes one?

that bar does it have a sprocket on the tip of the bar or is it open faced ??? that number 17748 i am almost certain i have one in stock but this one is open on the end of the bar where a sprocket would normally be at
and this bar is a oregon bar

calvin

Last edited:
that bar does it have a sprocket on the tip of the bar or is it open faced ??? that number 17748 i am almost certain i have one in stock but this one is open on the end of the bar where a sprocket would normally be at
and this bar is a oregon bar

calvin

The bar that is on the saw now is a sprocket tip.

The bar that is on the saw is in good shape.

I was just wondering what all the numbers on the bar meant, and if anybody still made a bar for this saw.

Bars for the following saws will work as long as you use the XL-12 bar adjuster and modify the bar shims/spacers a very minor amount to where the chain won't rub them...

330,350,360,545,410,410sl,400,460,450,550,650,750,923,xl12,xl12s,xl-ao,xl400,xl925,vl955,superxl,auto,540,700,800,850,955,900,922,923,925

Here is a comparison of the two different bar mount patterns (C-Series to the XL12's)

You can see why you need to modify the shims now due to the height difference in the two bars. Oiler holes work just fine, but you will need to use a self modified bar adjuster or one off of a XL12 which are fairly readily available. My C9 with the gear drive in my avatar has the XL12 mount pattern on its bar... The 44" bar that I run on it now also has the XL12 mount...

Back