Bar Damage - You be the Judge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the original ebay listing...I'm not trying to call the seller out in any way, he actually seemed like a great guy. I guess we just had a different interpretation of what good rails look like. The listing mentioned that bad tip, that's why I asked about the rails. In asking about the rails in my mind that would include anything from tip to tail that wasn't part of the replaceable tip.

Ebay Listing

I bought a couple of bars from the same seller last year. Both were roller nose, one was for Stihl and the other for Mac. The paint he used was CRAP (could pretty much run it off with my hand), but the bars themselves were in pretty good condition.

Repair looks good from the outside. If it were my bar, I would have just put a piece of copper in the groove, welded it up with my MIG, ground it down smooth, heat the repair area and quench in water. That'd be a typical redneck farmer type repair. Your repair was probably quite a bit better than that. It's good to see this outcome.

Repair looks good from the outside. If it were my bar, I would have just put a piece of copper in the groove, welded it up with my MIG, ground it down smooth, heat the repair area and quench in water. That'd be a typical redneck farmer type repair. Your repair was probably quite a bit better than that. It's good to see this outcome.

I like to know that my repair will outlive the repaired item. Just my little contribution to societies forward progress.

Back