Beavers Beavers Beavers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEK

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Because of wife and local laws I can't just shoot the buggers... Though I heare they make a decent soupe. Can't call a game warden because they have much more serious things to do. So I guess I gotta trap. Of course because of the wife gain i gotta trap them live so i can't use my old traps.. I guess i need to buy live traps. where can i get live traps for a decent price? Or are their any other ideas..... I have a huge wood lot with a river right down the middle so they are all through it... so that whole bever fence thing won't work either. Any old timers on here with some advice? I think I am gonna eat atleast one of them crock pot or soupe.

the only live trap design that works for beavers is the suitcase trap, like a Hancock trap. These traps run about $350 to $400 new, $250 to $300 used, if you can find one.
Where is Northeast Kingdom?

Expencive

Wow those are expencive traps..... bullts are 10.00 a box.... hummmm Right on the canadian border in vt way east bordeing NH too...

hey i live in hyde park and we can shoot all the beavers we want. make great hats too. becarful some are really big, one chase my 110 pound lab.

i found this at the fish and game site, but right next to it was recipes for beaver. nothing about shooting them, i would also try thoughing large firecrakers in to pond where they live may scare them away

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
Wildlife Services Hotline
Parker Professional Center
617 Comstock Road, Suite 9
Berlin, Vt 05602
Telephone: (802) 223-8690

"beaver control"

I know a guy whose job was "bever control" in White County arkansas. He used to buy all kinds of ammo and stuff. He walked up and down Gin Creek at night (in the middle of town) w/ a silenced M-1 carbine. He had the night vision scopes, sub-sonic ammo, and all. He invited me out one night, he kind of scared me so I didn't go. And yes, the county actually paid him to kill beavers! I guess their dams hindered drainage in the area so they needed him. He even had a shirt that said "white co bever control"...I always laughed to myself when he walked in!

Title 10 §4828 – Taking of rabbit or furbearing
animals by landowner; selectmen;
certificate, penalty: (a) “The provisions of law
or regulations of the board relating to the taking
of rabbits or furbearing animals shall not apply to
an owner, his employee, tenant, or caretaker of
property protecting the same from damage by
rabbits or furbearing animals, or to the selectmen
of a town protecting public highways or bridges
from such damage or submersion with the
permission of the owner of lands affected…”

are you up by jay? Got any snow yet?

cool info

Yes I am up by Jay about 6 inches one night.... cant get out on the sled yet. planning on logging my lot this summer with an atv and a homemade logging arch.

Maby

I am pretty much doing a trail around the parimeter and a few trails crossing the property that way i can get to blowdowns nomater where they are... with minimal impact. then i will start clearing brush and such.. cleaning up a bunch of apple trees on it...(That will be Prime hunting).. after all of this I need to make a small road for a small excavator to do some drainage ditches and then i will start clearing my lot for a house. ...lol I am a busy guy.... Got a buddy helping me too... In the spring I am building my logging arch.... I am using steel tubing and the rear axel of a old A2 volkswagen jetta the tung will actully be off of an old car carrier I have.

did you get a deer this season, i heard overall it was pretty good. I bowhunt only these days to many crazy on my road and my woods.

bowhunting

I also bowhunt and rifle and muzzleload. No I dident get a deer this year.. saw a lot of Doe.... diden't get a moose permit either. But I have been really bussy at work and have not gotten out as much as I would like to

yeah third kid came this year and hunting was almost nothing. My buddies live up in montgomery now thats moose central. The town just cleared the pole lines so next year should be great by me, after the first weekend it gets nice and quiet again. i have 230 acres in eden that was logged before i bought it so im borowing my friends artic cat beast atv and going to pull fallen stuff out for ever.

does anyone else find it funny that his wife wont let him shoot beavers?

all childness asside if your wife tells you you cant shoot a nuscance animal and your listening to her, your in rough shape.

BEAVER...........the OTHER white meat. Jus shoot the damn things and make her a pair of slippers and you a hat.

Ive seen the beavers around my house beat my neighbors home-lite taking down trees. what happens when the skunks and the porcupines come?

well...

Usually we never have too many porkypine and skunk probs... except when the dogs get into them.... That is never fun....

Latest posts

Back