Been working on this exhaust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea if there will be any performance increase but it sure looks and sounds neat. Gotta be better than a stock muffler tho.

Five ten years ago id of said no way in hell it runs with a straight pipe. But in this day n age were putting exspansion chambers on 4 strokes and taking them off 2 strokes

Its 1 1/8" id I flared it out to mach to be big enough to port match to most ported exhaust ports.
First I tried to flaten pipe like it looks like most do to match husqvarna rectangle. But didnt like that.
Ended up cutting the sides and heating with a torch to bend them out. Then weld back together shaping inside of pipe with the carbide burr.

Will do some cutting tomorrow maybe do a vid with can muffler and pipe so you guys can time it.

Not working tomorrow so may do a expansion chamber version just for *****.

Supposed to snow though :(

I guess the simple answer is I dont know how much bigger it is than exhaust port.

If it still idles fine it's not a problem. Would like to see that video I would bet you see good improvement.

Idles aswell as the can muffler.

Looking forward to cutting with it,may also try it on the 385

If it still idles fine it's not a problem. Would like to see that video I would bet you see good improvement.
Thanks for being positive, sure hoping theres some gains if not I can Chuck it on ebay for 150 bucks or so.

@Evan 2 stroke engines have different and certain requirements to run well/in parameters! Straight pipe is not a good thing for a 2 stroke! But the amount of work/welding on that thing is really dumb & pointless... 🤕🤔
I like the original stainless exhaustIMG_20220624_174238263.jpgIMG_20220624_174216935.jpg

@Evan 2 stroke engines have different and certain requirements to run well/in parameters! Straight pipe is not a good thing for a 2 stroke! But the amount of work/welding on that thing is really dumb & pointless... 🤕🤔
I like the original stainless exhaustView attachment 1046334View attachment 1046335

I 100% agree but ill say this cat images cat treats is freaking weird makes me take none of your words serious.
Guys like me are out there getting dirty in the real world while your there petting your cats

I 100% agree but ill say this cat images cat treats is freaking weird makes me take none of your words serious.
Guys like me are put there getting dirty in the real world while your there petting your cats
I almost spit coffee on my keyboard... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gary

Guys like me are out there getting dirty in the real world while your there petting your cats
Those are ads from cat food. I took those photos after I removed the exhaust on my makita 6100 out of curiosity after I bought it and used it for 2-3 times! Next photo will be from the woods 😂 although I don't remove exhausts in the woods just like that for no reason AND take pictures... If the damn thing runs and cuts trees I won't bother to dissasemble it. When it stops running I might get my hands dirty 😁
"Might" ,since there are mechanics that do know what they're doing. And I happen to know/have a biker friend who's been repairing motorcycles engines 4 stroke or 2 stroke for the last 20 years now...
I trust him more than me ,especially on a chainsaw wich is simple by design!

I almost spit coffee on my keyboard... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gary
Spit away 😂
Who wants to see my cats? 🙄
Joking. I have no cats. Had a maine coon male but got run over by a car.
After that I gave up on having cats . I just "make friends" with various "in need of attention" stray cats. Seems a better thing to do.

Im so glad you have no cats. I meant no offense though cats are the nasty devils animal.

Ive worked as a tech in motorcycle, auto shops and in the feild on heavy equipment. Welding wrenching beating **** with a BFH

Normaly do all my own wrenching as theres very few good techs in shops and out in the feild.

Nothing realy stays stock with me,its been 10 15 years since ive played with saws my capabilities are much improved. The saw builders also seem to view things in a new light.

Dynos, exotic finger ports, mild to wild and everything inbetween

It looks like a pipe on dyno joes dyno can gain 17% over a stock muffler id imagine a modified stock pipecalso gains similar. Thats alot to gain with bolt on parts.

Latest posts

Back