Been working on this exhaust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coronavirus has me down but watching that video makes me want to go cut. Its definitely breathing good and it sounds like its tuned well.
I hear that , fell off a machine I was working on the Monday before thanksgiving twisted my ankle bad was off for for the week and a couple days kinda rushed going back to work the swelling just came down 4 days ago stile hurting trying to work been ruff . Was out running my saws in the garage Monday night dying to go out cutting

Im so glad you have no cats. I meant no offense though cats are the nasty devils animal.

Ive worked as a tech in motorcycle, auto shops and in the feild on heavy equipment. Welding wrenching beating **** with a BFH

Normaly do all my own wrenching as theres very few good techs in shops and out in the feild.

Nothing realy stays stock with me,its been 10 15 years since ive played with saws my capabilities are much improved. The saw builders also seem to view things in a new light.

Dynos, exotic finger ports, mild to wild and everything inbetween

It looks like a pipe on dyno joes dyno can gain 17% over a stock muffler id imagine a modified stock pipecalso gains similar. Thats alot to gain with bolt on parts.

a bolt on cpi racing pipe adds 60% to a stock 660 which is amazing gains for a bolt on part.

i wonder if you could make a mini version of a tuned pipe and still get gains. I'm afraid what you would run into would be a shift in the power band and maybe to the wrong area I'm sure there a reason they don't make them smaller but hey if you could add 30% for half the size it might be a fair trade.

Im working ideas of real pipe in my head maybe 1"- 2" id then back down to whatever I ended up at. Would be alot of work. Weld then debur inside each pie where transition in size happens then weld next pie on finish inside then next untill full chamber is done and back to alittle smaller then header size.

Im working ideas of real pipe in my head maybe 1"- 2" id then back down to whatever I ended up at. Would be alot of work. Weld then debur inside each pie where transition in size happens then weld next pie on finish inside then next untill full chamber is done and back to alittle smaller then header size.
I know there was a member on here that made a race pipe prototype out of copper just because it was easier to build for testing so that may be a option for ya. seems like copper would be much easier to work with for testing purposes.

Mtn home boise area,

Ill do some cutting with it.
Kinda over making vids I think.

Thanks, no not yet.
Got it refined looking more finished. Square edges where driving me crazy.
View attachment 1049279View attachment 1049280View attachment 1049281View attachment 1049282

Looks a lot like the mods I did on my china ms260 muffler, removed baffle and had hole placement about the same as yours minus the pipes. I measured and made my openings a total 150% of the bore after I ported it. Runs great and noise is not bad at all no need for ear protection on the 50cc saw.

Be curious to how it preforms and sounds compared to your last model.

Latest posts

Back