Before bed, 066-660 thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet Paul!!!!!!! This thread came up like a blast from the past. How's all my friend?

Its a great thread Norm. One of my favorites for sure. Thank you for starting it! :msp_thumbup:
And thank you for asking. All is goin as well as i could ask for my friend. My family is happy and we have our health. To me that is really all i can ask for. I certainly hope all is well with you and yours.. BTW, a belated but very merry Christmas and a happyand safe New Year wish to you and yours my friend!!:smile2:

Thank's man same to you, hell I think Im gonna go out to the shed, and give the 660 a rip! A six gun salute!

That ported 660 looks like it runs good.
Its a same we are so far apart i think my ported 441C MTronic would be very close in that size soft wood.:smile2:

Honestly, I dont think it would be close at all. Its actually hard wood. Its Sycamore. Now, i know its not Aussie hard. However, did you see what it just did to a ported 2094? Theres no way at all that 441 ported or not would keep close at all with that 660. I hate to put it that way but thats just the way it is. Ive ran some very hotly ported 372xpw's 2171's that would take a ported 441 and they are not even remotely close to this 660.
But thats my opinion and i certainly dont want to argue about it and clutter this great thread up. If you feel it would keep up then fine. But i know it wouldnt. I would gladly run Jons (porsche965-sawzilla) and show ya if he would send her to me........
Please dont take me wrong, Im just bein honest about it. I really dont think those ported 441's will take a 576AT ported either......

Last edited:
Just out of interest this vid shows the difference between the lot.
Stock 460 (ozzy dual port muff) v ported 441C MTronic V stock 660 BB kit (ozzy dual port muff) V ported 660 all with the same 28'' bar and chain in hard wood.
Remembering this would be the exstream i would use a 70,76cc saw in Ozzy hard woods.

[video=youtube;Z3DoQd_Otp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DoQd_Otp0[/video]

Just out of interest this vid shows the difference between the lot.
Stock 460 (ozzy dual port muff) v ported 441C MTronic V stock 660 BB kit (ozzy dual port muff) V ported 660 all with the same 28'' bar and chain in hard wood.
Remembering this would be the exstream i would use a 70,76cc saw in Ozzy hard woods.

[video=youtube;Z3DoQd_Otp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DoQd_Otp0[/video]

Thats good and all, but Im talkin about a totally different port job. Im talkin about a tree monkey combustion chamber port job. They are very much stronger than a normal port job. Ive had both and the difference is phenominal. I see what your sayin, but till ya run one of those Stihls that tree monkey ports you cant really know what a difference there is......Its incredible......The 660 I have beat another ported 660 by 10 seconds thru a rock hard oak log. You should really talk to Scott (tree monkey) about gettin him to port ya a saw....Just my 2 cents.

Sounds good.
One thing i can not work out why are saw builders NOT porting 441C MTronics, i only know of three of them,is it to hard for them ?,cant work out the electronic system ?,whats the problem ?.
I would think it should be a challenge for there saw building skills and they would be going for it ? dont understand there is so much waiting to be unproved with them as some have found out including me.:smile2:

Sounds good.
One thing i can not work out why are saw builders NOT porting 441C MTronics, i only know of three of them,is it to hard for them ?,cant work out the electronic system ?,whats the problem ?.
I would think it should be a challenge for there saw building skills and they would be going for it ? dont understand there is so much waiting to be unproved with them as some have found out including me.:smile2:

Send Scott a pm. We had a long talk about the M-Tronics. he is amazing at what he knows about them. Im absolutely positive he can help you out wit that as well. I tell ya, I would LOVE to see you get a tree monkey saw. You would NEVER look back. Scott is a fantatsic guy to talk to. Im sure he would be glad to talk to ya about it. Im rootin for all the way my man! Now, you get a tree monkey 441M and i would bet that it would be close with my 660 in that wood! At any rate take my advice. I want to see ya have the best or i wouldnt be sayin this over an open thread.:msp_wink:

I kinda like the sound of that, Tree monkey 660 LOL! Like a Brazilian Jungle saw LOL! Stihlman good vid, good looking firewood, and wood.

I think people aren't porting the 441s cause not many people have them to start with. I'll be curious to see what a 576 does compared to that 660. I would imagine it will be a decent spread.

I kinda like the sound of that, Tree monkey 660 LOL! Like a Brazilian Jungle saw LOL! Stihlman good vid, good looking firewood, and wood.

I swear Norm, Ive never seen anything like it! Im sendin him a new 390xp, a new 372xpw and my ported 2094 to work over as well I like his work so well. If ya get a chance shoot him a pm. I would love for you to have a ported 660 by Scott. You would really appreciate it. It would kick some serious azz with you behind the wheel. With all your experience that would be an awesome combo! Watch out trees!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

I think people aren't porting the 441s cause not many people have them to start with. I'll be curious to see what a 576 does compared to that 660. I would imagine it will be a decent spread.

Just depends how much gain ya got out of her Mike. Ya know? She did run real well stock.
It would be killer if we could find a ported 441M and run them all up there. would defenitly be fun.

Last edited:
Thank's Paul, I take pride in my saw's, and cutting ability. I am alway's trying to learn, and push myself a little each time, for improvement, knowledge, comfort, you name it. I am proud of the tree's we have handled, and some achievement's, though small I think we moved a mountain or two locally, LOL! Mike I like the look's and feel of the 575-576's. My buddy has a 575, I have never cut with either, you know I own a 372 I love. But when the 575 logger first came i wanted one. I like the look, and feel of the 576 wanna try one.

Latest posts

Back