Before bed, 066-660 thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power,performance,reliability and the best looking saw around.

attachment.php

attachment.php

yeah but it needs flippy caps if it had flippy caps i'd buy another one:hmm3grin2orange::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No fisher price cap's for me LOL! Why can't they just make either cap style a option, and satisfy both side's.

There has been a few changes to that Snellerized 660 after those pics were taken,roller chain catcher,nylon block chain guide,Works Connection Tach installed,extra exhuarst port,muffler baffle removed and quite afew tanks of fuel as well.

attachment.php

I never saw a 66-or 660 I dind't like. A friend on facebook tonight said she was tired of dream's, as it was alway's about the past, and bummed her out the next day. No more drems she said. I told her it is all about what is on your'e mind when you hit the pillow. For me it is saw's, and Boar dog's. I sleep like a baby.

Had to cut hard, and cut fast yesterday pulle'd over the rest of an Oak we have been working on. Ran the 2101, and 660 gave em equal run time. Both ran flawlessly both outstanding. Can't live on the difference. Wouldn't get rid of either for anything, they baile'd me out on some big shiat!

Yesterday I went out and got the 066 bust off and bliped the loud button a few times, I hadn't got to hear it in a while. Now I'm good for another month. :rock:

I love it! Know I know I am not the only one who start's em up from time to time just to hear them! Nothing wrong with it something to be proud of the are:clap:

Magnum Power

Hey Norm, check out this 660......it spanked a highly ported 2171 by 28%..........I believe I will always have a 660 or 2 in the stable.......:hmm3grin2orange:

My ported 660 1st vid - YouTube

2171 - YouTube

....just think about even bigger wood.....the gap wouldd increase.......:hmm3grin2orange:

Me loves this saw.......

066-660 thread, a blast from the past! Me loves it too!! That thing is cookin! in real wood too. Nice man I bet you will be smiling for a long time!

066-660 thread, a blast from the past! Me loves it too!! That thing is cookin! in real wood too. Nice man I bet you will be smiling for a long time!

me believe the 660 is the all around "King of saws" -thats just what me believes though. and I said that in the me loves me 660 thread.....:msp_tongue:

I agree all around, and for me my 660, and 2101 are the shiat! May just depend on the day. The 660 is top shelf for sure, best of the best.

Ya know Norm, I have often contemplated getting a true big saw, but just have no use for it. I will always remember running that 088 at Terry's GTG, I just couldnt get over how big the clutch cover was! A monster! I'm sure the Husqvarna version is as big as well.

Well that I can understand brother, after all you have a mighty 66! Hell what cant it do? I have one, and my friend, and tree work partner/ climber John has two. One we cut some big ass stuff, and has a 48in bar. Big, bigger, and biggesst wood, weve never needed more.

And here I am feelin like am old fogey still running my lowly 064. I guess I'll have to get a new fangled whizz bang. How do them 066's hold up? ;)

Nothing wrong with a 064, and surely not out dated. I have said it many times I feel the 064 was underated by many. And so wrong great saw. The 660's my friends and I have had great luck, awesome saw. I have seen some put through hell, and keep going. Not the way I treat mine, but they can take it.

Nothing wrong with a 064, and surely not out dated. I have said it many times I feel the 064 was underated by many. And so wrong great saw. The 660's my friends and I have had great luck, awesome saw. I have seen some put through hell, and keep going. Not the way I treat mine, but they can take it.

The strongest saw I have ever seen was Scotts 064/066 top end. Truly Amazing....

My history is a little foggy with the 064, not as familar with it as some saw's, the history that is. But my buddy John say's the 064 came before the 066, and I kind of remeber that. Is that correct? I do know damn good saw.

Latest posts

Back