Before bed, 066-660 thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank's Komatsu, buddy!, And young thank's very much you went the extra mile with those file's man! I sent you a REP. I appreciate it! Need's a carb kit, pick it up tommorow, and try my first one.

There easy, just pay good attention to the way the diaframs and gaskets are orentated when you take it apart.

I agree with you River Rat. I have ran em since they first came out. Alway's wanted one, and never had the money. Got a good use'd one about four-5 year's ago. I love em:bowdown:

There easy, just pay good attention to the way the diaframs and gaskets are orentated when you take it apart.

Easy as pie!!!

1. The metering diaphram side, the gasket goes against the carb body and the metering diaphram on top, against the top cover,

The fuel pump inlet side, is just the opposite, the fuel pump diaphram goes against the carb body, and the gasket on top of the fuel pump diaphram, against the bottom cover,,,,

Last edited:
Thank's guy's. Got monday off, and my saw shop is gonna do it with me, and walk me thru it. Even if they do it I will be there watching, and learning something.

My saw shop droppe'd what they were doing to help me out. They installe' a carb kit. After fuel filter, and line's, and carb kit no fix. Had to leave it, an Aaron thought impulse line, and Darren at the shop think's that maybe it. Had to leave it oh well, they will find it, and fix it.

066 carb question

Hi there, long time listener first time caller... I hope I'm posting this in the righ spot. I'm working on an 066 project I just traded for and I might have got in a little over my head. Nevertheless, I'm learning quite a bit and am having some fun tearing it apart.

The saw started and ran but wouldn't run at full throttle. I took the carb apart to clean it and put in the rebuild kit and am pretty sure I've ruined it (I put a hole in the cup plug trying to pop it off before I realized it was already off, which was probably part of my problem in the first place). Now there is a hole that isn't supposed to be there.

The carb is Walbro WJ-48, my question is whether or not that is compatible with a newer carb since I don't think they make those, it didn't look like I could find a new WJ-48. Does anyone know where I might find a new or good condition WJ-48 or a compatible newer carb? Thanks!

Welcome to the site! That's a bummer man. Guy's on this site may have one for barter or sale. I know they are on Ebay. Wouldn't hurt to check Bailey's, seem's to me awhile back they were selling carb's. Other guy's will be along to help. Good luck Norm.........

There are a couple WJ-48s on ebay but I thought I'd check with the experts to see if I could use another model or not before I buy a possible junk ebay carb. I called Baileys to talk to a tech but no one was available, I'll give them another try tomorrow, thanks for the input.

I had a 460 but when i bought my 660 mag it was really so much better i love it i have a 25" bar on for firewood on it now and did a muffler mod it really runs great!!! best saw i ever bought:clap:

660 is truel's in it's own clas, best of the best top shelf, and then some. I almost thought of selling my 372,and 044 to get another 660, even though I have one, but I don't part with saw's, and love, and use the other two alot.

660 is truel's in it's own clas, best of the best top shelf, and then some. I almost thought of selling my 372,and 044 to get another 660, even though I have one, but I don't part with saw's, and love, and use the other two alot.

Yeah i agree... saws to me are like GUNS once you buy one ya never get rid of it!!!!!

Here ya go,,, this ones a bit older,,

Hi there, long time listener first time caller... I hope I'm posting this in the righ spot. I'm working on an 066 project I just traded for and I might have got in a little over my head. Nevertheless, I'm learning quite a bit and am having some fun tearing it apart.

The saw started and ran but wouldn't run at full throttle. I took the carb apart to clean it and put in the rebuild kit and am pretty sure I've ruined it (I put a hole in the cup plug trying to pop it off before I realized it was already off, which was probably part of my problem in the first place). Now there is a hole that isn't supposed to be there.

The carb is Walbro WJ-48, my question is whether or not that is compatible with a newer carb since I don't think they make those, it didn't look like I could find a new WJ-48. Does anyone know where I might find a new or good condition WJ-48 or a compatible newer carb? Thanks!

STIHL 064 066 CHAINSAW CARBURETOR WJ6A | eBay

Paul thank's for the p.m, and kind word's this one is for you:rockn: My 660 is still in the shop, they are just busy. But I know they will do it right for sure, but man I miss it. I love that thing we should start a 066-660 hall of fame thread, because on the quest for the holy grail, you wont have to look much further:chainsawguy::flag:

See Norm, I can post the pics. I just cant embed them. I followed the directions someone posted on howto do it, but my computer wouldnt do it. I will figure it out though. Of course, weve had this laptop now for......this will ake 8 years. I need to get a new laptop too.

Back