belt from sliding down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
normal for me depending on how much "stuff' is hooked to the belt.
DISCLAIMER- I'm not normal.

normal for me depending on how much "stuff' is hooked to the belt.
DISCLAIMER- I'm not normal.

I'm not either.:dizzy: But I think this is my answer. My 200t is in the shop so I've climbing with the 191. Just seems like my weight would pull me into the belt, not the saw pull the belt from me. Thanks

tighten the belt? :monkey:

I have tried that till I lose circulation doesn't help. Thanks

Mine slides down all the time too (especially since I have lost 40 pounds this year). I have climbed with the same saddle as you for years and it's always slid down under weight of tools. When I went to a wide back Weaver it seemed to help somewhat and doesn't ride down so much. I've been meaning to buy some suspenders for quite awhile but haven't gotten around to it.

I don't plan to do anything about it. As long as I know it happens I'll just keep pulling it up when I get to a branch. Problem is as I pull up the saddle my pants get lower. I would use my suspenders on my pants if I planning a long climb.

60 lbs?

I can't remember, do the weaver's come with suspenders? I routinely climb with over 60 lbs on my saddle, suspenders are a must.

what do you climb with that weighs 60 lbs? I guess when rigging down a spar I might have my 361, a block, the tail of a 5/8 rope and my climbing line in addition to my regular gear. I'd say thats around 40 lbs. 60 seems like alot though. Not making judgements just curious.... Mike

You know, I was thinking about this today when I was taking down a tree. Why doesn't my harness fall down when I have an 066 hanging off of it? What i realized is that I usually have the upward pull of my lanyard and/or safety line pulling on it. I think if I didn't have that constant upward pull mine would be falling down too, because I don't cinch mine super tight. ???

I was ok today. I did an oak and did no climbing on the branches. Didn't have to pull up the belt once. The other day I was in a maple and climbed most of the tree free style.

I was ok today. I did an oak and did no climbing on the branches. Didn't have to pull up the belt once. The other day I was in a maple and climbed most of the tree free style.

What in the hell is freestyle? No suspenders? No belt? No pants?No drawers?

Here is a possible answer

Some climbers put the belt around their hips, not above the hips. If so, especially if your hips are narrow, it will pull down. Don't tighten the leg straps so much, raise the belt, and cinch the upper belt a bit more.

On the other hand, if you have more belly than waist, it's mostly all downhill from there.

Back