BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got both a 357xp and a 262xp, I would use the 357xp all day over the 262xp until the wood got too big for it as it is such a smooth saw and the AV is spot on. Noise levels are a trad more bearable too.. Something that is soo overlooked. I'd rather not be death in my later years, my 372xp muff mod kills me with the noise. Plug those ears... :chainsaw:

I have bought into the 262XP cult hook,line, and sinker. I always thought they were a great saw and once I found one of my own that just sealed the deal. Not sure why though. They are a good saw, but I also have an 036 and it is a good saw as well - just different. I can see why the Stihl guys like the 036 - it cuts well (better than the MS362 I had) and you can't mistake the 036 sound. I think it's just a case what grabs your imagination. Similar to some guys liking blondes and some liking redheads.

Anyway... 262XP FTW!!

I have bought into the 262XP cult hook,line, and sinker. I always thought they were a great saw and once I found one of my own that just sealed the deal. Not sure why though. They are a good saw, but I also have an 036 and it is a good saw as well - just different. I can see why the Stihl guys like the 036 - it cuts well (better than the MS362 I had) and you can't mistake the 036 sound. I think it's just a case what grabs your imagination. Similar to some guys liking blondes and some liking redheads.

Anyway... 262XP FTW!!
Hence the reason mine is in the process of getting the full makeover. It just deserves it..

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Twas the early 90's
She'd never stall

Chevron supreme
No ethanol

Tweaked right out..
On Into the wood

That little engine!
The little engine that could

Before I knew it
She let out a big hise

Couldn't have been tuned higher than .. meh. .14,,6

The wise 'walker man' said..
"Son you may be loyal
But do stay away from those gas station oils"

I got a hone job ... and a piston at will
But the real hone job
Was paying the man's bill

That little saw
How I put through the test
Competition? Nah..
She layed 'em to rest

I'll never forget when she went away
I gave him a job?
I gave him his pay?

I noticed it wasn't on the hill of the road
With all of my might
I started to explode

I dropped to my knees
And I CRIED OUT TO THE HEAVENS

"COME BACK COME BACK

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR JOB
& MY 257"

Well I'll just throw this out there...Dolmar 6400 little heavier than the others but hey its only 4cc more and will run a 20" and laugh about it while waiting on the occasional 28-30" which the others wouldn't dream of while the AV is as smooth or smoother than the rest. Oh and the price is sexy too!!

The 60cc Poulans also...3500, 3600, 365, 3450 typeIII, 3750 and the 380. I can buy 3 of these saws for the price of some of the saws mentioned and not weigh any more and put just as much wood on the truck...also last just as long...go ahead and bash me, I got thick skin.

Anyway... 262XP FTW!!

I think this gets at the core of the issue here. To me, it is not which saw cuts the fastest. It's not a race of "My saw is better/faster/stronger than yours," so much as "I like this one the best, because it looks/sounds/feels better to me, and it's reliable (and to me, a Stihl), I like the 0_4 series, the 044 being as close to just right as I've ever used, an 034 super arrives anyday now, the 036 pro I have in pieces being a scaled down version of the 44 till I tore it down for corroded bearings, an artifact of previous user error (I ordered a case splitter; this one will rise again). My 041 AVEQ farm boss has some nice loud greasy grunt potential, rounding out the 60cc range nicely. I hope someday to find a nice 064 to sit with the 056M2 and legendary 660 pastry saber, and a pair of primo 024s grace the 026 shelf. That said, the 361 is not going anywhere, except out to the timber occasionally for some nice comfortable cutting, while Kenneth's Husky du jour outpaces it in raucous cacophony. I don't port, mod (much) or tweak 'em lean; I tune them 50 reps under the max, run no ethanol premium only with Stihl Ultra, and I suspect I'll stihl be using these saws in twenty years, and enjoying them nearly as much.

AS it is written... CADmen, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antistihl is coming, so now many antistihls have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour. Be ye not one of the "Power Horsemen" of the A Saw collapse, whose Freight pollutes your Harbor, to corrupt our good ways with false Stihl parts and crappy knockoff chicomery. punishable by unpredictable equipment failure when we most need our blue steel sabers to impart sunshine to the cellulose. Be ye not ignorant of these, my fellow fellows.

My limited experience... 357xp, gone, 562xp, gone, 2260, gone. 359 that tbone went through, still chugging away.... Now I have a mint 359 that rattler did number on, he called me up, "I am sending your saw back I would say it has the "wow" factor!"... In that ridge runner accent of his. It is literally still breaking in, running a bit rich but when I cut with it I laugh out loud.
This saw has changed my way of thinking, and for me, a ported 35 niner is where it's at.

Russ

6400 dolmar and echo 590/600p are torquey 60cc saws. Got a lot of time on a 357xp and really like them. 48 mm closed port 365 special is strongest 60cc I've ran. They live in shadow of the 372 so they are not talked about as much. I'd like to get more time on a 562 as I have its little brother 2253(550xp) and really like it.

Latest posts

Back