Best gas log splitter around $1500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good Still...I'm a little lost on the 'electric' description and write up about it, but nonetheless should handle the wood by tonnage certainly.

I think that's a missprint about the electric it has a gas engine and lists the capacity and rate etc. of the hydro. The axle is also a fluid tank. I wonder if it's a re-labelled Speeco or County Line machine, they all look very similar to me.

I think that's a missprint about the electric it has a gas engine and lists the capacity and rate etc. of the hydro. The axle is also a fluid tank. I wonder if it's a re-labelled Speeco or County Line machine, they all look very similar to me.
I know they screwed up the description of it, lol. No doubt it's a rebranded production model under a different name. I think Ariens makes one that looks exactly the same. My tank on my Dual Split 20-ton is the same as far as the hydro reservoir.

I ended up scoring what looks like a barely used Speeco (TSC County Line) 22t off CL for $800. Im pretty sure it still has the original oil and gas in the tank. Nary a mark on it.

Ive been looking since last winter though. Waiting for the right deal. I had finally given up and decided to hand split and the day after I bought a nice splitting axe and maul, this splitter came up on CL.

I ended up scoring what looks like a barely used Speeco (TSC County Line) 22t off CL for $800. Im pretty sure it still has the original oil and gas in the tank. Nary a mark on it.

Ive been looking since last winter though. Waiting for the right deal. I had finally given up and decided to hand split and the day after I bought a nice splitting axe and maul, this splitter came up on CL.
What, you found a nice unit at half the price of a new one on CL..do tell!

Got the HF 20 ton splitter, three cords so far and I'm very impressed. Sale price plus coupon $650 ( no tax in NH) two year warranty $179, three gallons hydro oil and a quart of oil $45, comes to $877.
The wedge runs both ways, cycle time is fast thanks to no return stroke.

I have the speeco 28T from family farm and home. Great splitter for $1500.
IMG_1404.jpg

That's the same one I have. Starts virtually every time on first pull.

One thing that should be noted. All Honda motors are not the same. There is a big difference between the GX and GC motors. The latter is no better than a B/S and other less motors out there.

That's the same one I have. Starts virtually every time on first pull.

One thing that should be noted. All Honda motors are not the same. There is a big difference between the GX and GC motors. The latter is no better than a B/S and other less motors out there.
Yep...GC's are throw-away engines pretty much.

These splitter retail for $999 north of Lansing. Great splitters!

I just did!

sent from a field
I know!

In all the "buying a splitter" threads I suggest looking for a used unit on CL or the local for sale boards and I get poo-pooed with statements like "they all want too much" or "they're all beat to death". It's nice to see somebody put a little effort out and get a good deal for it.

I know!

In all the "buying a splitter" threads I suggest looking for a used unit on CL or the local for sale boards and I get poo-pooed with statements like "they all want too much" or "they're all beat to death". It's nice to see somebody put a little effort out and get a good deal for it.
Patience, which I am not well known for.

The defining point was I was never in need of a splitter right away. So I could wait for the right deal.

sent from a field

Got the HF 20 ton splitter, three cords so far and I'm very impressed. Sale price plus coupon $650 ( no tax in NH) two year warranty $179, three gallons hydro oil and a quart of oil $45, comes to $877.
The wedge runs both ways, cycle time is fast thanks to no return stroke.

Don.t understand, you paid for 2 year warranty ? Isn't it standard ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Yep, and I almost gave in and bought new several times.

sent from a field
Would've had to be in absolute mint condition, washed and waxed, to pay 7/8ths new money for used. I'm sure you'll post up pics of the splitter. If it's absolute next to brand new, nothing wrong with saving a couple hundred bucks on the deal.

Would've had to be in absolute mint condition, washed and waxed, to pay 7/8ths new money for used. I'm sure you'll post up pics of the splitter. If it's absolute next to brand new, nothing wrong with saving a couple hundred bucks on the deal.

I am sure there isn't much use on this splitter, being that is on the original tank of fuel.

Latest posts

Back