Better saw ? Stihl or Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Troll in the power to wt stuff (in general), but in build quality, and in power/$, Echo seems to have a loyal following.

The power to weight comments are pretty much constant so I must believe it. People have different sensitivities to using a chainsaw like weight, exhaust fumes, vibration, balance, price, etc. Some folks can run anything and smile the whole time. Personally I buy the best I can afford and then adapt to the machine. I well remember 40 years ago my only saw was a Homelite 150 Automatic. It cut wood.

From what I've heard some of the small mom and pop dealerships that stock Husky/Johnny have started to promote Echo because they seem to be a good company to deal with and have a quality product. I'd have no problem buying a 590 if I needed one saw and was on a limited budget.

Echo has great build quality, but power to weight is their low-point. My favorite thing about Echos is that they just run...always. My CS400 is 2-3 pulls cold start, every time. The 370 I ran at my old job at a state park was totally neglected and abused and it never missed a beat, except for a bog off idle that a 1/4 turn out on the L side fixed.

Back