Big Saw Case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GitWood

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got a Winchester hunting knife for Christmas last year and it didn't come with a sheath. I can live with that one, but now I recently purchased a Solo 694 chainsaw and so far am storing in a rubbermaid storage container.

I find it hard to believe that nobody makes a case for large saws. Is it just me, or is this a little nuts. I haul my saws around on tractors, wagons, ATVs, etc. Usually, the case gets knocked around and muddy, but the saw stays clean, dry and in good condition.

Anyone know if anyone makes a large saw case? I saw a photo of a 694 in a case on another thread, but I'm not sure is if will actually close. Looks like it may have some of the inner layer of plastic removed.

Any Ideas?

This topic has come up a few times and, if memory serves, I think that the conclusion was that no such creature exists at retail. Folks have come up with some creative D-I-Y solutions for the problem, though.

That is a good question, since I too have big saw aspirations down the road.

Asking it another way, how do you guys with 60cc or larger saws transport them?

The Husqvarna hard case can accomodate no larger than the 353 it seems. Same for their new softcase. The Dolmar hard case can handle the 5100S but not the 6300. Hmm...

Hack said:

Stihl's case will hold up to a 460/20". That meets most folks' needs pretty well.

When I'm transporting saws in the Jeep, I transport them with the bars on and pointed in opposite directions so they take up less space. I can fit five saws in the back of my jeep wrangler with room enough for gas and oil, and I can still lay ropes and other goodies on top of the saws. When I used to keep 'em in cases, I could only fit three saws in the same space.

Lots of folks just throw 'em in the back of the truck and head out to cut.

Hack said:

The Husqvarna hard case can accomodate no larger than the 353 it seems. Same for their new softcase. The Dolmar hard case can handle the 5100S but not the 6300. Hmm...
The Husqvarna "power box" hold the 372xp just fine . Unknown to me of anything bigger tho to fit the case.

Last edited:
Large saw case

Home made case for 660 - any bar length
Walmart duffel bag (about $18, I think) with plywood box inside. The box keeps it protected and prevents it from rolling around.

Hack said:

When I take my trailer with me to the woodlot, I pack all my gear in a big Weathergaurd pickup truck box that is mounted on the front of the trailer. It is 30" deep, so there is room for 5-6 saws facing each other with two milcrates in the end. the one crate has the gas, oil, wedges, etc, the other has all my straps for trasporting the logs back home. I keep the bed of the truck empty, so all the small stuff can go right in the truck.

When i take just my truck, I have to limit the amount of saws I take with me. I usually take the 5100, the 372 and the 066, but as of late, i have swapped out the 372 for the 7900. I'm trying to get it broke in (new top end). It is a mean saw for firewood. Actually, i think it is downright wrong to use a saw like this for firewood because firewood is so demeaning to it. lol.

That case that the dolmar 5100 fits in, if it is the same one I have, will fit a husky 365//372 with an 18" bar, and the chain brake handle needs to be gently lifted/pulled while the lid is closed. I used this a few times when I still used an 18" on my 365. In the last yar or two, I dumped all the 18" bars for a more standard 20".

A 20" on a 7900 is wrong. It deserves so much more bar. lol

Thanks BuckDuck. Looks like you have a pretty decent solution there. I may even try the same thing using the bottom half of the rubbermaid tote that I am now using. If I can find a duffel of the correct length and width, I'll just cut down the tote to a height that will fit inside. It should be a little lighter that way. I think you have me headed in the right direction. Thanks Again!

That saw case was mine, I did have to remove the inner wall.

attachment.php

Back